City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

The press are feeding the morons with their daily dose of barmy stories and in return the press get clicks and engagement and ultimately lots of money for their gutter journalism. It all reminds me of a story I saw on the front cover of the Daily Sport years ago where it was reported that someone had seen a cow pat that looked like Elvis. Now that's a proper story.
I remember the day after Blair got voted in in the late 90s.
Big moment as the Tories were kicked out in a landslide win for labour.
I went into the newsagents and looked at all the sensationalist headlines on the dailys.
As I scanned my eye then landed on the daily sport. Their headline read "Monkey to Host Match of the Day" :D
Always stuck with me that. I can't remember any of the other headlines apart from that one.
That's where we are with all the red top dailys now, a race to the bottom sludge. Even the broadsheets have a dabble once in awhile these days.
At no point in '97 did I think that daily sport headline was ahead of the journalistic curve, but here we are.

Just listened to Mat Lawton's propaganda on talksport! Talking about we don't want 2 billion a year sponsors or airlines giving over market value sponsors and if Man City win they'll be no fair market value sponsors! Sorry he is talking absolutely shite! If we win it will go back to before 2021 where deals were looked at for fair value!
Showed his agenda there alright didnt he

I get the voting system for the prem league is fine but only for certain ammendments.
If an American owned club put forward a motion that all American owned clubs started the league with plus 20 points and it got voted through would this be implemented into the rules ?
No I don't think so. And I think that's part of our argument a ruling on APT which looks like it means Newcastle and others selling there best players shouldn't be decided by other clubs who want to see Newcastle fail off the pitch

And that is why the PL desperately needs a CEO with balls, to say no, we aren't voting on that. Don't like it? Get 14 votes and sack me.

Masters isn't man enough to do it.

I'm astonished by how much rival fans have been whipped into a frenzy over this one. Just had a look at Sam's Lee article and fans are wanking themselves silly that we won't exist by Christmas. It's a challenge to a sub-clause that didn't exist in February using emergent interpretations of competition law. "Tyranny of the majority" is a standard phrase in law/politics to suggest that just because something is democratic doesn't make it just or legal. Anyone would think we've gone to the houses of commons and demanded the election cease to happen.
I'm not astonished at all. It's what they do.

Villa are supporting us as they as do Newcastle have the money to challenge for the league without these stupid new rules. I think Villas owner is the third richest owner in the league.
Weren’t the billionaire American, Crystal Palace owners complain about not being a

Don't ban them but give them the very least required in food, drink and facilities make sure that things go wrong, broadband connection is turned off and on, make it as uncomfortable as possible when they complain say well we have had to cutback due to the need PL financial rules. Move the media verification to the top end of the North Carpark well away from their normal parking so they have to walk as far as possible. Make sure they can see our special guests enjoying the best hospitality possible

Fucking hell the cunts get soaked & food poisoning at the Swamp & still fall in line.

No one has any ambition anymore. Sky have made it out that the prem league is the promise land so finishing mid table to 17th is a great result for most teams.
Arsenal use to celebrate top 4 like it was a trophy.
They didn't celebrate it this year, did they ;)

You have to laugh at the spin the media are putting on this. Apparently now it’s our fault the PL won’t agree a deal with the EFL.

Maybe this is why VAR is so bad, why Everton and Forrest failed PSR, why Russia invaded Ukraine.
It's seriously mental that they're spinning it like that. In any case, weren't City - along with United interestingly enough - one of the clubs who were in favour of the EFL deal but other clubs blocked it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.