City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

If you don't have a billionaire owning or controlling you , your simply not going to be successful , is that right or wrong, who knows.
That's a pretty broad statement.

Money certainly helps, but there is more to it.

The difference between City and manyooo is the perfect example.

There is a balance but you can't stop investment.

Clubs even top clubs used to be owned by the local millionaire businessman , that's long gone.

If you don't have a billionaire owning or controlling you , your simply not going to be successful , is that right or wrong, who knows.

The fact remains the billions coming into our league has created an incredible product the world wants to watch, the best players, best managers and the finest stadia and to maintain that you need competition.

We have seen Madrid in La Liga build an incredible stadium, just win their 16th CL to compete with that you need to invest.
15th...

What Alex crook has just said on talk sport was an absolute disgrace! Saying genuine fans and club staff are ashamed of the club and that we are destroying football. I can’t believe they are being allowed to do this. I know most blues don’t care and enjoy the ‘piss boiling’ but it’s really upsetting me this daily shit and is affecting my mental health.

One thing for certain he hasn't took in a word of what Borson said yesterday! Man City said it was unlawful in February abstained and said they will challenged it for not being lawful! Now let it play out! Also saying it was a disgrace that city didn't respond to any of it when they tried to talk to someone at city! Again it is a case that has confidentiality with it and by law you can not break that! Unlike Arsenal who leaked it to Matt Lawton 2 weeks ago! Now spreading complete lies about it!

City are not suing the PL....
YET.

City (& other clubs) objected to the PL introducing changes to the RELATED PARTY rules last February.

City stated AT THE TIME that they believed the changes were unlawful.

Other clubs agree.

The divergence of opinion & interpretation will be reviewed by an 'independent'commission who will deliver their findings.

If the call falls with the PL the Related Party rule will probably prevail.

If the call falls with City the RP rule will be un lawful and City then have the option to sue the PL.

NO WRITS have been issued....NO ONE HAS BEEN SUED !!
I think it is a claim actually (ie we are, for all intents, suing the PL). The arbitration (not an independent commission) appears to have agreed to be a "split trial" first to establish liability (ie that the rules are actually unlawful) and then, if so, a second later hearing to establish if City can show loss and causation.

Alex Crook (United fan) todays TalkSport host sticking the boot in. Most of it absolute nonsense. Needs calling out!

It's inbred bias! confirmation bias from 12 years of negative narrative mainly lies about our club so he does not listen to say Borson with an open mind or hears it but does not take it in! Today proves he is bias rag!

I think it is a claim actually (ie we are, for all intents, suing the PL). The arbitration (not an independent commission) appears to have agreed to be a "split trial" first to establish liability (ie that the rules are actually unlawful) and then, if so, a second later hearing to establish if City can show loss and causation.
As I said !!

Not read all the thread so don't know what everyone has said so apologies if I've covered over old ground or anything but...

The last few days just shows how jealous the media and opposition fans are of us right now. We're in a very enviable position and others absolutely hate it. The narrative in the media is very fucking obvious, they want to make us out to be the bad guys and the red tops are lapping it up and doubling down on the "115 cheats". The article about this latest legal claim having a potential effect on the funding of the 72 EFL clubs was desperately hilarious and full of bollocks. Another article using our name with the death of Rob Burrow to compare good v evil, truly is gutter press at its worst.

Its absolutely laughable but highly predictable as weve been facing it for years and it'll never change in alot of quarters. Whatever happens with this latest claim (which may or may not be reasonable who knows, I'm not legal expert so I'll leave that to them) don't let it get you down blues. The most important thing is we carry on as we are, we keep breaking records, we keep raising the bar and we keep on winning. Ultimately that's all that matters and theres no better way to hurt the red cartel than that.

It's all about our Etihad deal which we can get around 60/75m a year while they are struggling to get that much from a sponsor so they are bitter and jealous

the club is run so well that we trust our board to do the right thing and assume they are not being reckless but ... is there a longer game being played here by City taking this particular action? Could there be more in the pipeline, a set of combination punches?

Mate, I'm sorry to read that. But you really need to switch off from it all. There's nothing to be gained from tuning in if it makes you feel that bad. As my late father used to say in the 1990s "us blues have to stick together". Walk away from it but know that this relentless barrage against us will not last forever, makes us more close-knit, and there will come a day when we're all able to ram it back down their throats. That day is coming. Hang in there, chief.
You’re right. I’m spending too much time trying to defend the club on social media but it’s every other story and the shit being spouted about the club I’ve loved so dearly since being 6 years old is bang out of order and I can’t take much more. I should be able to tune into football radio without listening to my clubs reputation being destroyed. Leaving Wembley last week was tough. But that’s football I can handle that. What I’m struggling with is seeing the thing I love most in the world (after family) being attacked like this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.