City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Meanwhile, the Premier League introduces new rules to distort the market...

"Premier League clubs have agreed to trial an alternative financial system which operates like a spending cap in the 2024-25 season.

The Squad Cost Rules (SCR) and Top to Bottom Anchoring Rules (TBA) will operate alongside the existing Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) on a "non-binding basis".

Teams will be allowed to spend no more than 85% of their total revenues on squads under the new system.

Meanwhile, the TBA is an anchoring model based on the earnings of the bottom club."

The exact rules to be determined once the EPL have found a way for City to have breached them, while certain other clubs haven't.
Fucking looks like a Scouser. Got the "I ain't donn notten, lad" frown lines. Can imagine the sound coming out of his gob. Daft **** wants an independent regulator without realising that City are the only PL club who want one.
I hope Lucy Powell tells him to fuck off when he comes crawling for a job in her department in 4 weeks

Long time reader....first time poster. I'm expecting to be branded a rag any moment!!! Bring it on.

It occurs to me that City and Newcastle could simply broker a mutually beneficial arrangement by which Etihad sponsor Newcastle and a Saudi equivalent sponsors City. It would boil an ocean of urine! We

Why are scousers always scruffy cunts, moaning bastards and complete mardarses?
He’s telling the truth though if we win football will be over for them just like it has been for over a decade now. Only way they can try and stop us is constant rule changing

I’m still not really convinced about coutinho dealing , there’s something about this deal and looked odd to me from day one
I assumed there was some future quid pro quo agreed.

Reactions: ufo
That was talked about few months ago and if it gets voted in for the 2025/26 season it will not matter if we have a sponsor to sponsor us for 2 billion a year we won't be able to spend say 1 billion and at the moment if it was this summer looking at our books we could only spend around 60/80m with those rules
Net spend of course.

Long time reader....first time poster. I'm expecting to be branded a rag any moment!!! Bring it on.

It occurs to me that City and Newcastle could simply broker a mutually beneficial arrangement by which Etihad sponsor Newcastle and a Saudi equivalent sponsors City. It would boil an ocean of urine!
Only a rag would post that. :-)

Popcorn time, so glad we’ve finally come out fighting. The rage against us is biblical, they know are case is strong and lets hope we win

None of these journos have considered Europe, but that’s where the competition PL teams have to overcome lies. PSV, for example, have 100m euros sponsorship from the “Global branding” of Qatar. The experts employed by UEFA put FMV at 9m but that nice M.Leterme upped it, so they passed FPP.
Assume you mean PSG. It’s an interesting story that one. The UEFA chamber or whatever they are called, dismissed the proposed FMV of 100m euros for the bullshit it was and sent it back to Mr Leterme’s office to reconsider, however, Leterme’s office missed the deadline to respond so hey shucks, the 100m valuation stood. He’s a corrupt fucker yet is championed as some sort of whistle blower on City even when CAS found in our favour.

I was interested in Maguire's discussion of the origin and development of the APT regulations, and, in particular the moratorium introduced shortly/immediately after the regulation was accepted. I wonder if this ties in with City's claim of damages. I presume City's lawyers have evidence to support claims of actual loss and whether the evidence dates from the period of the moratorium or whether the regulations simply involve so much more trouble that sponsors simply withdraw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.