City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

It's a strange situation.

If the PL leaks like a sieve, then all the clubs know. We know that a number of clubs leak like a sieve, so if they know anything positive for them, we would all know.

If the PL doesn't leak like a sieve, then none of the clubs know.

If it's a targeted leak from the PL, it will be to either a favoured club, or a favoured member of the press. Panja was coy, which makes me think it isn't the former. Ziegler has been non-commital, which makes me think it isn't the latter. Yet they all have to make some comment, any comment in an information vacuum.

I am still leaning towards no judgment being released yet. The coincidence of it happening right before a PL shareholders' meeting after three months, seems just too much to me.

I much preferred it when the PL did actually leak like a sieve and the press just repeated everything they were told :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal leaking the details of the tribunal really put the PL in a position they didn't want to be in, and they are being super careful now.
115 may be one of the reasons, that's the one that could bring the whole shabang crashing down.

Totally agree…the fact that Bond turned it around with Gow, Hutchinson and Macdonald proves we had a good basis initially….I think keeping Barnes, Owen and Hartford would have made the difference
He didn't really turn it round. He plastered over the cracks. Kept us up for a couple of seasons more. Swales and Alison behaved like a pair of incompetent idiots. They broke the club.

He didn't really turn it round. He plastered over the cracks. Kept us up for a couple of seasons more. Swales and Alison behaved like a pair of incompetent idiots. They broke the club.
Exactly, he came in made some great signings and gave everyone a lift but it was never going to last, the rot had started long ago.

Last edited:

If the PL leaks like a sieve, then all the clubs know. We know that a number of clubs leak like a sieve, so if they know anything positive for them, we would all know.

If it's a targeted leak from the PL, it will be to either a favoured club, or a favoured member of the press. Panja was coy, which makes me think it isn't the former. Ziegler has been non-commital, which makes me think it isn't the latter. Yet they all have to make some comment, any comment in an information vacuum.

I am still leaning towards no judgment being released yet. The coincidence of it happening right before a PL shareholders' meeting after three months, seems just too much to me.

I much preferred it when the PL did actually leak like a sieve and the press just repeated everything they were told :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal leaking the details of the tribunal really put the PL in a position they didn't want to be in, and they are being super careful now.

1727507058422.gif

I know the 115 thing is not substance connected but
it would certainly help our claim that non cooperation of business sensitive was justified if leaks continue to occur

Totally agree…the fact that Bond turned it around with Gow, Hutchinson and Macdonald proves we had a good basis initially….I think keeping Barnes, Owen and Hartford would have made the difference
Barnes and Owen were desperate to stay, it was unforgivable what Alison did at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.