City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Not particularly relevant, but I used to go to monthly meetings in Millbank Tower when I worked for Ferranti in the 1980s.
Basil Fawlty GIFs | Tenor

I would normally agree with you that if it was most other teams, the media would just accept the verdict.
But, there's been several high profile articles in the supposed "high-end" press saying this judgement will have major repurcussions e.g. the EFL would not get any money from the Premier League.
If City do win, you can bet this will be portrayed as a terrible decision, opening the floodgates to an Arab domination of the Premier League.
That will not be acceptable to the Red Arse Media...
Stefan commented on the Efl not getting any money. He said it was more or less propaganda. And if City do win the sky isn't going to fall in, the league won't cease to exist that's what the media want you to think. Just more shit stirring on behalf of the media to make City look bad as possible.

I don’t know about anyone else, but it really is getting pretty nasty in chats with people I’d actually considered pretty good mates. I was joyous that we had become so successful without becoming public enemy number one even as recent as the season before last. But this last move seems to have turned a huge tide against us. Dig in blues!
I’ve and fall outs with two lifelong friends over this.
One is a United fan of over 50 years and that one was a big old fall out. Happily, we have managed to get past it over the last few months. We still fall out over it but it is no longer toxic, and I’m fine with that.
The other is with another friend of over 30 years, who has basically outed himself as a knuckle-dragging, racist, antagonist who thinks he was being smart and clever. That one will not heal.

I’m waiting patiently for the day of exoneration and then the fun will start.

High time City pushed back on the PL & this is certainly a first for us which I'm glad to see.

However, I'm slightly surprised why its up to us to begin legally challenging these specific AP rules. Why I can understand we're essentially a business like most PL clubs & looking after on own interests as any business should.

It sounds like if we were to win then it won't be us who actually benefits the most it will be those 'loveable' Geordies & PIF.

Considering their huge wealth & most likely legal expertise which dwarfs our owners, I'm surprised they're not at the front line & leading this rather than us. Perhaps too busy concentrating on their emerging boxing empire?

Of course none of us have actually read the actual legal challenge set out by City, but if we're all about protecting ourselves I hope we don't begin pushing agendas for others to benefit & eventually kick us off the food chain.
It was reported that City may pursue a second hearing for damages if they win this case. We must assume the club has suffered economic loss. This is likely why City will have taken the case forward.

I’ve and fall outs with two lifelong friends over this.
One is a United fan of over 50 years and that one was a big old fall out. Happily, we have managed to get past it over the last few months. We still fall out over it but it is no longer toxic, and I’m fine with that.
The other is with another friend of over 30 years, who has basically outed himself as a knuckle-dragging, racist, antagonist who thinks he was being smart and clever. That one will not heal.

I’m waiting patiently for the day of exoneration and then the fun will start.
We'll never be innocent in the court of public opinion, we'll have just paid some fuckers off.
I know it's mental but it's exactly what'll happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.