City launch legal action against the Premier League

Not been following the last week or so.

What are the “mad transfers” that have gone on pls blues?

Chelsea, Villa and Everton have worked out that to pass PSR, they can sell academy players for large amounts, as this is counted as pure profit. Then they are buying academy players from the other sides mentioned for similar amounts, but for PSR purposes then fee is amortised and spread over the length of the contract.

So, sell one for £19m, buy one for £19m with a 6 year contract = roughly a £16m profit in this season in terms of PSR.

Most of the players involved probably won't play many games.

The FA is also a special shareholder of the Premier League. Whilst it has no role in the day-to-day running of the Premier League, The FA’s special share means that certain actions can only be taken with its approval, such as the appointment and re-appointment of Premier League Board Directors.

Each year, the Premier League submits its rules to The FA for approval and sanction.
That's a structure which means both organisations can avoid accountablity for their actions. Makes it easy for both sides to say: "It's nothing to do with me Guv."

Chelsea, Villa and Everton have worked out that to pass PSR, they can sell academy players for large amounts, as this is counted as pure profit. Then they are buying academy players from the other sides mentioned for similar amounts, but for PSR purposes then fee is amortised and spread over the length of the contract.

So, sell one for £19m, buy one for £19m with a 6 year contract = roughly a £16m profit in this season in terms of PSR.

To think our club get all the shit in the media. Just fucking wow.

Basically human trafficking

Thanks Matt.

Cracking bit of loopholism.

Let’s see what the PL do next to try and stop this.

I believe the max. amortisation period is now 5 years. Plus, can we not be lumped in with this process given we have sold a number of academy players for decent fees - Trafford to Burnley for £20m/£25m springs to mind. Harwood-Bellis & Doyle also recent examples.
But I get what you are saying.

I believe the max. amortisation period is now 5 years. Plus, can we not be lumped in with this process given we have sold a number of academy players for decent fees - Trafford to Burnley for £20m/£25m springs to mind. Harwood-Bellis & Doyle also recent examples.
They were genuine transfers of players expected to play a lot at the buying club and I don't recall us paying 20m for a Burnley academy product in return.

Not us, we have not arranged any swaps, which is the sharp practice. Ours are straightforward sales mainly following loans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.