City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Fuck the Scum clubs and their Premier League, Declare a breakaway League proposals with fair rules for all clubs and better TV deals with internet companies
That's the red scouse fan idea, breakaway and not include City. Scared of competition, fans would desert them if they ever graced 3rd tier again.

We should be challenging absolutely everything.

I wonder what the journos would think if the majority vote in PL ( mostly US owners ) continued the self preservation mantra and voted to end promotion which they would all do in a heartbeat.

Would that be democracy ?
I’ve been shouting about this for a long time - get City relegated & change the rules so they cannot get promoted.

I think some of the stuff about this being an existential battle between City and the PL is a bit hyperbolic. We’re just challenging the change to the APT rules that was introduced in February, as it was reported that we would do at the time. If we’re successful then the rules will revert to how they were prior to Feb 24. If we lose then we’ll just have to work within the new guidelines.

The ECJ has already ruled that football is a special case and normal competition rules do not apply,
The same rules need to apply to everyone though. The rules introduced in 2021 only target overselves and Newcastle.

i have been having fun on twitter with this argument

If our sponsorship deals have been inflated, then haven't they done well out of them. They have sponsored a team that has won the treble, achieved 100 points, won 4 PL TITLES in a row and done the domestic treble, signed marketable superstars and are a global brand. For sponsors that is a win win scenario. They get to associate themselves with success.

Other teams sponsors will have put lots of money into sponsorship deals and seen the team they have sponsored finish mid table with a leaky roof, a crap manager whilst being millions in debt. These sponsors associate themselves with mediocrity and decay.
Absolutely this. Also, in innumerable cup semi finals and finals, involved in last day of the season dramas (even when winning it at a cantor we got 100 points). Arsenal, on the other hand have not won the PL for 20 years, rarely qualify for the CL, rarely reach Wembley, but get £50M a year to have Emirates on their shirt (I know, Emirates..). They then get another £10M a year for having Visit Rwanda on their shirt sleeves. Fair value? Maybe but that would put the value of this current City incarnation at Christ knows how much, relative to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.