City Lyrics to Christmas Carols/Songs

Well the weather outside is frightful
But the football is delightful
City is the place to go
Cancelo
Cancelo
Cancelo

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to see, City win away.

(Bit of an occasional song, back in the day.)
My favourite festive song. Memories of singing this echoeing from the back of old stand like at Ipswich, cold and damp but not giving a damn because we’re winning.

I’m dreaming of a blue christmas etc
Just like the ones I used to know
With the blue flags flying and scousers dying to see City win the cup..win the cup…win the cup….
We hated scousers back then but I can’t think why…not like we do today.

I'm dreaming of a blue wembley
just like the ones I used to know
with the blue flags flying
and scousers dying (crying in later versions)
to see win the Cup

This is the ultimate one for me as someone who just about remembers the 1976 League Cup final but not the route by which we got there. 1981, when this one appeared, was the first Cup run all the way through to Wembley that I remember (after Alf Grey cheated us out of the League Cup semi the same season). It was a wonderful season despite the unhappy ending when we lost the replay to Spurs, so this chant brings back happy memories.

Not a city song but will never forget the half time rendition of Last Christmas in a packed Leppings Lane End c1985

This is the ultimate one for me as someone who just about remembers the 1976 League Cup final but not the route by which we got there. 1981, when this one appeared, was the first Cup run all the way through to Wembley that I remember (after Alf Grey cheated us out of the League Cup semi the same season). It was a wonderful season despite the unhappy ending when we lost the replay to Spurs, so this chant brings back happy memories.
Just trying to remember who we were playing in that semi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.