City on August 29th

Scaring Europe to Death

I was born in the early hours of August 29th 1964, and by 3:30pm Moss Side was probably echoing to the sound of “Poyser Out”, as Northampton won 2-0 at Maine Road.

51 years later, City’s recent record on my birthday is dubious, bordering on appalling.

Accompanied by a few personal memories, and I’d be impressed if anybody remembers the Northampton game

1964: City 0 Northampton 2
1970: Everton 0 City 1
1972: Palace 1 City 0
1973: Derby 1 City 0 (Controversial Alan Hinton Free Kick)
1978 City 1 Grimsby 0 LC (In the days when a game against Grimsby was a rare novelty)
1981 City 2 WBA 1 (The week before we signed Trevor Francis)
1983 Cardiff 2 City 1 (A forgotten naughty fixture. Kicked off in the City end when we scored)
1988: City 1 Oldham 4 (Roger Palmer hat trick)
1992: City 3 Oldham 3 (torrential rain, City 2-0 up after 5 minutes)
1998: Notts County 1 City 1 (Goater equalising in the last minute against Allardyce’s thugs)
2007: Bristol City 1 City 2 LC (Whatever happened to Rolando Bianchi?)
2010:Sunderland 1 City 0 (Robbed in the last minute)
2015: Watford?

I was at the 3-all v Royle's Oldham in 92 aged 12. My main memory was being gutted that my then favourite player Steve Redmond was now turning out against us for the Latics. Wearing their shirt. With that Owl on it.

Don't think I ever truly got over that.

I was at the 3-all v Royle's Oldham in 92 aged 12. My main memory was being gutted that my then favourite player Steve Redmond was now turning out against us for the Latics. Wearing their shirt. With that Owl on it.

Don't think I ever truly got over that.

Was that the game when Keith Curle spent the whole First Half trying to ridicule Oldham's Centre Forward, only for the Centre Forward to suddenly score?

Happy birthday :) you might get kdb as a present this year, you old bugger

Went to the two Oldham games. The 4-1 was a real wake up after losing the opening game to Hull. Think Paul Lake scored for us..

The 3-3 was a cracking game.

Was that the game when Keith Curle spent the whole First Half trying to ridicule Oldham's Centre Forward, only for the Centre Forward to suddenly score?

Dunno, but it's likely cos he did that regularly. Brill when it worked like v united in a couple of nil nillers...but not so good against Fashanu who always scored past us and Asprilla who just butted him!

This birthday:

City win 2-0
Break the club consecutive win record
Their at present record signing scores
They are on the verge of breaking their record signing
Have kept a clean sheet four times out of the four games they've played.
Have scored ten.
Are top of the table.

Happy birthday blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.