city paintings at the National football museum

no mate, I think thats to do the contribution of black and asian players in professional football-drawings by Colin Yates, I am sure its well worth a look, will be going tomorrow myself before the hull game

shades of blue said:
Hello fellow blues

A quick note to any blues you are going to see the youth team on saturday, 10 prints of my paintings from the city museum show last season are on display at the National football museum at Deepdale, next to the ground, and its free to get in.

I was very lucky to be given the opportunity to document my beloved blues, Its a fantastic and very special club full of passionate people and the only club in England that have tried to champion the arts and used photographers (kevin cummins and Ed Garvey) myself and the current illustrators of the add campaigns to portray the fans view.

as a fan I cant quite believe what has happened since the takeover, I am loving every single minute of it!

Exciting times lay ahead

CITY ARE BACK!

Ben Kelly

Great Ben. You deserve it. Your work's excellent and I was absolutely honoured to have them on display in the museum.

Every City fan should make an effort to view these. They are brilliant and Ben is definitely following in the tradition of great City artists (LS Lowry was of course a Blue!).

Ben, not certain if you've seen my latest book "The Big B ook Of City" but you're in the list of celebrity Blues.

Cheers Gary,

I've not seen the book yet, its on my christmas list though!

will be sending you a pm over the weekend mate, it was a pleasure working with you too.

webmediaCALKVL6Z.jpg

Superb that Ben.
I've often wondered if a painting exists of the old Maine Rd with standing 3/4 around the ground ? LS Lowry painted a crowd scene at the City vs Sheffield United? game in 1938 but as far as i know a print of the actual picture & who actually bought it at auction are a mystery....at that time we were actually in the process of increasing the capacity possibly upto 100,000 but relegation & the war put a stop to that.

Superb that Ben.
I've often wondered if a painting exists of the old Maine Rd with standing 3/4 around the ground ? LS Lowry painted a crowd scene at the City vs Sheffield United? game in 1938 but as far as i know a print of the actual picture & who actually bought it at auction are a mystery....at that time we were actually in the process of increasing the capacity possibly upto 100,000 but relegation & the war put a stop to that.

thats interesting bluemanc, I'd love to see that painting by Lowry too, one day it will be found or the owner will put it up for auction, its the changing history of the football ground and surrounding areas that excites me, to think I did two paintings of B of the bang surrounded by city fans and thats gone now, I suppose that locates the painting to a certain period in the clubs history-pre the sheikhs money! next will be the gasworks I would have thought.

When the museum moves to urbis I really hope they show the paintings too.
Its a great museum with a good mix of memorabilia so it would work really well at urbis, especially if the blues are flying high in europe
fingers crossed and thank you for the kind comments

When we eventually win something I am going to do a one off painting to celebrate the occasion, at the age of 35 I have still not got over the tears from 81

shades of blue said:
Superb that Ben.

thats interesting bluemanc, I'd love to see that painting by Lowry too, one day it will be found or the owner will put it up for auction, its the changing history of the football ground and surrounding areas that excites me, to think I did two paintings of B of the bang surrounded by city fans and thats gone now, I suppose that locates the painting to a certain period in the clubs history-pre the sheikhs money! next will be the gasworks I would have thought.
359764_f260Lowry.jpg

That's the pic & it looks like the back of the open stand.
As Gary James has said a lot of our History has still to be re-discovered & that scene in Lowry's picture if you jump forward 70yrs it could be his version of your 12th picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.