City Player Of Year

adrianr said:
I can't pick a list because too many players sit on the same level. I could easily put Kolarov, Dzeko, Fernandinho, Zaba, Silva, Nasri, and probably more at number 2. Some were better earlier in the season, some better later. Negredo earlier on was exceptional, and Aguero was one of the top 3 players in the world in the first 15 or so games he played.

Yaya is different. He really is a man at the peak of his powers, and to score not only the amount but the quality of goals he has this season (and that's from someone who hates goals deciding these type of things), it's nothing short of exceptional.

There should be a sort of "Injury correction factor". Think this way: if the season were reversed, today candidates would be Negredo and Agüero between the first three. Usually only the final of the season is fresh in memory and decisive in this polls, that is cleary unfair for players missing the last matches. Lucky the player who is injured starting the season then?

They've all done great, however Yaya's input is headline making whilst Silva continues to be the less glamorous essential oil in the system.

Then there is Dzeko. I can't begin to calculate the points his goals have clinched.

Then there are the fullbacks Zab and Kolorov to consider. Whether it's Zabs overlap or Kolorov's crossing, both have been immense in chance creation.

Mention to must go to Nasri's, MDM and Garcia, all of whom have taken Pelter's but risen to it and come back stronger.

Players who will be disappointed slightly with injuries or performance dips hampering their own contributions will be Aguero, Kompany, Hart and Nastasic.

I know I've missed some but those not listed scored 7/10.

It is hard to decide who should win the player of the year, for me it is a toss up between Zabba and Yaya for the player of the year, with Alex not for behind them. All 3 of them have had an exceptional season. For both Zabba and Alex to have laid on 12 goals between them puts them way ahead of any other fullback pairing this season.

dobobobo said:
Please can some one help me before my head explodes with confusion. Am I right in saying that both Toure and Silva have never won it?

According to City, Silva won it in 2012: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2013/may/player-of-the-year-voting

BUT

I'm certain it was Aguero as Wiki states: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_City_F.C._players#Player_of_the_Year_awards

tumblr_mroalqlD7c1s4mvheo1_250.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.