City Players in Retirement

Has a former Blue ever turned up at your house to do your plumbing?

Almost.

In 1993 i think it was, Tommy Booth turned up with our new video recorder from Granada rentals (he was swapping it for one of their shit ones that had stopped working!)

Even 20 years later he still remembered me and mum, used to say hello on his way in, and surprised us once outside the etihad when he said "do you still live down that cul de sac" - once you see me and mum in our dressing gowns i guess you never forgot us ;)

Almost.

In 1993 i think it was, Tommy Booth turned up with our new video recorder from Granada rentals (he was swapping it for one of their shit ones that had stopped working!)

Even 20 years later he still remembered me and mum, used to say hello on his way in, and surprised us once outside the etihad when he said "do you still live down that cul de sac" - once you see me and mum in our dressing gowns i guess you never forgot us ;)

Great story, and that's really interesting because I met Tommy Booth about ten years ago at a supporters' club thing and had a few beers with him, left with the feeling that he was a top top guy. But the most bizarre thing was I then bumped into him at a game about 6 years later...and he remembered my name. To this day I was doubting if it was even possible, but your story assures me that I wasn't hallucinating!

I'm just thinking about all the City players who have come through the door over the years, and what they are up to now. Aguero the streamer, Kompany the manager, Nedum the pundit...what else do we know about old players and what they've done after football? Has a former Blue ever turned up at your house to do your plumbing?
I was watching the doc on the 2012 title win yesterday - Kun, Kolarov, Ned, 'n Nige all seem to have looked after their money! They are doing much what I'm doing now - fuck all or what I fancy! Good luck to the guys, they gave us great times and they probably deserve the opportunity to do fuck all more than me!

Great story, and that's really interesting because I met Tommy Booth about ten years ago at a supporters' club thing and had a few beers with him, left with the feeling that he was a top top guy. But the most bizarre thing was I then bumped into him at a game about 6 years later...and he remembered my name. To this day I was doubting if it was even possible, but your story assures me that I wasn't hallucinating!
Sorry Paul, but I'm going to have to call you out on that one. No way Tommy only had a 'few' beers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.