City players non football businesses

waterloo blue said:
Mike Doyle, ran a garage selling Opel cars in Bardsley,as kids we haunted the place hoping the rest of the squad would be in to have their cars serviced.
Maurizio Guadino ,had a car export import company,back in his native Germany.
Colin Viljoen,ran a boozer in Denham in Buckinghamshire in the late '80's,early '90's.
Steve Kinsey,runs soccer training camps in the US,my wife works with his nephew,here in Sydney.
The nephew describes Uncle Steve as a "City Legend",ahem.

Only the owners of the luxury cars didn't know

shadygiz said:
gary flitflop had a property portfolio with his dad and brother around the bolton area if i remember right....but i seem to also remember it going tits up and someone got taken to court

Blobby Fowl-up was owns a lot of property, too, doesn't he?

Stan Horne was one of if not the first black player for City.
Was one of the squad of the first division winners in 1967/68.
As Mercer and Allison established a winning and ultimately successful side in 1967/68, Horne found himself being used sparingly. Despite his lack of first team opportunities he stayed with City until February 1969 when he joined Fulham.

I met him when he had a small building company in the early 1980's. He was renovating properties in Moss Side. If memory serves me I think he said he packed football in when his knees were giving him problems.

Don't know where he is now but hope he is OK because he was a nice fella.

SalfordAl said:
Stan Horne was one of if not the first black player for City.
Was one of the squad of the first division winners in 1967/68.
As Mercer and Allison established a winning and ultimately successful side in 1967/68, Horne found himself being used sparingly. Despite his lack of first team opportunities he stayed with City until February 1969 when he joined Fulham.

I met him when he had a small building company in the early 1980's. He was renovating properties in Moss Side. If memory serves me I think he said he packed football in when his knees were giving him problems.

Don't know where he is now but hope he is OK because he was a nice fella.

I've heard Buzzer say that Stan was his best mate at City.

Ronnie EKELUND (on loan from southhampton) is the CEO of a company he runs with his wife marketing fashionable nursing covers for breast feeding mothers

According to Bébé au Lait's website, Ronnie's wife invented the "Hooter Hiders" nursing cover because she wanted to nurse her child discreetly, while attending Ronnie's football games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.