City players overrated by City fans?

Dunne.

As for underrated, Distin and Barry share that title quite easily.

Going back there are too many to name.

De Jong stands out to me as the most over rated considering we constantly hear he's the best DM in the world despite not even being the best in our squad.

David Silva...............

4077769167_0a6a8405f7.jpg

Wait for it......

For me the most garbage overrated players that many lauded were:

Tony Coton..Never produced a great save from a great shot.

Sylin Distin..Unforgivable nonchalant attitude, untidly wearing his shirt outside his shorts and utter contempt for his non urgency in injury time away at Groclin, in Poznan 2003..and oh yeh, that joke like defending away at fulham after falling on his arse and gifting them the first goal (good goal away at villa though !!)

Stephen Ireland...Awful, truly awful player. There were too many plastic paddies out there who wouldn't accept this guys poor quality of passing, inability in tracking back and not linking play between defence and attack. Utter rubbish.

brandyzee said:

Sylin Distin..Unforgivable nonchalant attitude, untidly wearing his shirt outside his shorts and utter contempt for his non urgency in injury time away at Groclin, in Poznan 2003..and oh yeh, that joke like defending away at fulham after falling on his arse and gifting them the first goal (good goal away at villa though !!)

Stephen Ireland...Awful, truly awful player. There were too many plastic paddies out there who wouldn't accept this guys poor quality of passing, inability in tracking back and not linking play between defence and attack. Utter rubbish.

I thought that was bollocks at first and then I read it back.

Great post and I have to say there's a little bit of truth in all of those.

brandyzee said:

Err.. He was our player of the year in 2008-09 and got in to the prem best XI

From the list of all time greats would it be sacrillege to suggest Francis Lee might have been overrated? I've seen Tev mentioned a few times and if you examine the impressive goalscoring records both knocked in a fair few penalties and missed a fair few sitters as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.