City player's salaries

I’d say the player, the tax man, his agent and the club are the only ones who know what a player earns

The statement “I came across city’s players wages” insinuates that these are city’s players wages, and not made up guesswork, which by the rest of your post suggests, you believe it to be. I agree.

Just one of my idiosyncrasies around people stating players wages as facts. In reality, we’ve not got a scooby doo what anyone earns.

Yes, that's why I edited my post!

I’d say the player, the tax man, his agent and the club are the only ones who know what a player earns
I wouldnt be too surprised if some players dont really know exactly what they earn, but would imagine their agents definetely know. At their level of earning a few grand here and there might not even be noticed.

Probably everyone who writes at der Spiegel too.

5,000,000 emails and documents from the club's email system over 5+ years definitely would have had salary information.

And even then doubt that the taxman knows what a player is really receiving as opposed to what is declared (well over 200 players being investigated for avoidance or evasion by hmrc)

I'm not sure how they're able to get hold of such private information, unless they have some insider working with the payroll department in Personnel. Looks made up and designed to cause trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.