City players whose best game at Maine Road or the Etihad was as an opposition player

Adebayor, he scored for Arsenal at the Etihad & nobody in the ground besides those sat behind the goal realised it had gone in, the Arsenal fans celebrated some 30 seconds later in what felt like an age....in that particular spell for Arsenal he was unplayable

Roger Palmer scored two against us at Maine Road i think. Also I think badbuy scored at ours.

Bellamy against edghill
Bishop arguably for Bournemouth
Summerbee for Swindon
Dickov for Leicester
Barton of course!! Gave us 5 minutes injury time.

Fowler for Liverpool on numerous occasions. Don't think he scored at Maine Road but usually bagged a goal at Anfield, a goal machine but sadly not for us

Saw Peter Beardsley have really good games for both Newcastle and Liverpool at Maine Road, had a brief loan spell for us season we were relegated to Div 2..wasn't very good.
Watched as 'Striker' (allegedly!)Adrian Heath scored a cracking goal from about 30 yards for Everton at Maine Road. Same player seemed incapable of scoring from about 30 inches out in most of his games for us.
Not sure if I ever saw him at Maine Road but Trevor Sinclair always impressed me the times I saw him play for QPR at Loftus Road. Largely pretty disappointing for City wasn't he? Have to say though, I did enjoy his 3rd goal and celebration that followed in the first derby at The City of Manchester Stadium (as it was in those days).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.