City players you liked & No-one else did..

Michael Ball!
People used to slate him but i thought he was half decent. Maybe thats just coz he stamped on Ronaldo though . . .

Always back the underdog who has something about them.
Sib was a better player than made out IMO. On the few occasions he was played 'in the hole' he often looked very useful but remember Keegan usually played him on the left wing where he gave his all but was clearly uncomfortable and got worse after getting abuse.

Mettomo was our best cb at the time

M18CTID said:
GaudinoMotors said:
David Sommeil
Mark Ward

Yeah, I liked Sommeil a lot. He seemed to attract a lot of stick because of a few bad games in the 2003-04 season, but people all too easily forgot how well he did for us in the second half of the 2002-03 season after he signed for us. His best game for me - and I've said this numerous times - was in that 2-1 win against Liverpool at Anfield. While Anelka and Schmeichel grabbed all the headlines for the winning goal and arguably the best save I've ever witnessed in my life respectively, Sommeil kept Michael Owen in his back pocket all afternoon with a fantastic performance.
the only good thing sommeil did was rolling the ball forward to try and take a free kick about 30 yards further forward than the foul was

Also got to go with Barton from recent years.

Looking a bit further back, my brother loved Barry Silkman, and I always like Andy May for some reason (can't even remember a single thing he did now though...).

I also liked Keith McRae (bow-legged with a ginger pyramid on his head - what's not to love!) and Jim Tolmie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.