City prepare 2 year spending spree after UEFA ruling...

spanishblue said:
I think someone should ask this twat why is so determined to carry out these changes.

Are sky paying part of his wages (brown envelope)

With the resources we have i am sure we could dig up some shit on this prick
I'd hazard a guess the reason for the changes is that the big clubs have said 'we don't want any more club like City risking our guaranteed places at the top table, cut it out or we'll start talking about a breakaway league again, you don't want that do you?'
Not sure why people think it contravenes European law, I doubt it would even have got this far if it did, surely you can set any entry conditions you like for your competitions?

It's a bloody disgrace...I'm sure there will be enough loopholes and footnotes for the Real Madrid's and Man U's to carry on as usual, they might as well call the law, the Stop Co
ity Law.

All it would do is enshrine the dominance of the same old clubs...it will eventually kill the game.

We had one of the most interesting seasons for years with sleeping giants like City, Spurs and Villa gaining huge ground on the supposed big 4. There is a real chance two of those make the Top 4 next season. But these changes favour United most...they are a merchandising machine in a way no other English club are. I can see United winning year in year out under these rules.

The trouble with this 'scheme' or 'scam' is that Uefa are the judge, jury, and executioner. I am not pessimistic by nature but the underlying issue here is that Platini and his ilk don't want success in Euro footy competitions getting into the hands of our owners. This talk of 'financial fair-play' is political-speak for maintaining the Spano-Italo-Teutonic stranglehold on the Champions' League with the occasional, 'acceptable' face from the EPL - and with Arab owners we wouldn't be particularly welcome at the top Euro banqueting table.

An interesting aspect of the proposals is that they will clearly apply to all, and once you have a set of rules designed to promote a specific set of outcomes, it should be clear what teams have to do in order to compete in their competitions, but we know that Fifa and Uefa has history in 'changing' the rules when an anticipated outcome - see the World Cup play-off seedings saga - appears not to be materialising.

The fact that clubs can have shed-loads of debt and be exempt from the constraints of financial rules seems to be the joker in the pack that gives the game away as to what Uefa are really upto.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The fact that clubs can have shed-loads of debt and be exempt from the constraints of financial rules seems to be the joker in the pack that gives the game away as to what Uefa are really upto.

That and the fact that if they were really after financial stability, they wouldn't prevent rich owners pumping pure investment in - not loans with crippling interest payments.

So if united are ripping fan's off with high priced tickets and we are helping fans charging a low price's united will benifit?

Clubs will need to charge more to make more money, the fans are the one's losing out here. Its not right this shit, our owners are helping fans keeping tickets at a decent price but will be punished for it.

Shooter 83 said:
So if united are ripping fan's off with high priced tickets and we are helping fans charging a low price's united will benifit?

Clubs will need to charge more to make more money, the fans are the one's losing out here. Its not right this shit, our owners are helping fans keeping tickets at a decent price but will be punished for it.

Another good point. Unfortunately, it's not one which fits into City's new leading role as chief whipping boy of the axis of football financial evil.

lets just carry on as normal spending a shed load......win the prem every year and enter the world club cup instead (everyone will want a piece of the action if there's a monetry reward at the end)

simples.

Next Garry Cook conversation.

Garry Cook : "Hello, is that Etihad airways?"

Etihad : "Yes, How Can we Help You?"

GC : We would like you to sponsor the downstairs toilets for £300M a Season, for the next 10 years, is that a deal?"

Etihad : "No problem, and if you would like, you can have it all up front!"

GC ; "Excellent, will that be Cash or Cheque?"

Problem solved.

ManCityTom said:
Next Garry Cook conversation.

Garry Cook : "Hello, is that Etihad airways?"

Etihad : "Yes, How Can we Help You?"

GC : We would like you to sponsor the downstairs toilets for £300M a Season, for the next 10 years, is that a deal?"

Etihad : "No problem, and if you would like, you can have it all up front!"

GC ; "Excellent, will that be Cash or Cheque?"

Problem solved.
Your right, they'd never think to block a move as undeniably cunning as that would they...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.