City publicising transfer rumours/ media speculation

I think all the 'what the papers say' stories are authorised by the club. Up til a few days ago it wasn't even on the website and it returned right in the middle of the terry hype with an article on it.
Certain stories have been ignored, i.e. tevez, which has been in the press for a months now and has not been mentioned.
It's a subtle way of the club alluding to what is or isn't going on.

Project said:
The papers section has been around for a long time, no?

Yes it has and I have no problem with it at all but I just find it a little strange that they publicise City speculation on the one hand and jump on some on the other. They also choose the City related stories that they publicise.

If it were me at City, I'd just do a straight list of every City related story with a link and leave it at that.

When I looked at newsnow earlier it said "Spurs said to be after Dunne deal" MCFC OS. The fact it came up as a main headline I think is a little wrong. Yes have a section linking stories but don't make a big thing of it. Just my opinion mind!

It doesn't make the home page. The news modules there are limited to Team, Club, Reserve, Academy and Injury news. You have to go into the News section itself and look under the All news module to see it.

So it's not too much different to the old implementation.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I always find it a little strange that City should publicise some media speculation and not others. What's even stranger is that City in recent times jump on incorrect speculation to put it right but chose to use the website to aid speculation.

Today City's website has drawn attention to Dunne going to Spurs and a third bid for Terry. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2009/July/Spurs-said-to-be-after-a-Dunne-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... Dunne-deal</a>

Spot on my friend

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Project said:
The papers section has been around for a long time, no?

Yes it has and I have no problem with it at all but I just find it a little strange that they publicise City speculation on the one hand and jump on some on the other. They also choose the City related stories that they publicise.

If it were me at City, I'd just do a straight list of every City related story with a link and leave it at that.

When I looked at newsnow earlier it said "Spurs said to be after Dunne deal" MCFC OS. The fact it came up as a main headline I think is a little wrong. Yes have a section linking stories but don't make a big thing of it. Just my opinion mind!

I think generally the only things we have sought to flat out deny is outlandish bids for the likes of Messi - the kind of player that when linked to in the press damages us more than helps us.

That said i've always found the column to be a bit weird. Especially if players were to log on and see the speculation about themselves being stoked by the club.

I don't read anything into what they put on that section. I see it as them simply reporting what's in the papers, rather than endorsing certain stories.

As a side issue, I love the new website and the fact they update it several times a day, I use it loads more than the old one.

The best is used in the main but it is difficult often to know what to believe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.