City pubs Wilmslow

WillT

Team supported
Man City
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows of any good City pubs showing the FA Cup final and/or Champions League final in Wilmslow or south Manchester?

Not in the centre of Wilmslow, but we used to watch the occasional game in The Unicorn on Adlington Road. But I haven't been since pre covid so it's probably worth checking.
Similarly, pre make over, The King Billy used to show most games but its a bit more food focused now.

I think the Kingfisher on London Road in Poynton may show it? Though it’s a long time since I’ve been in there, but there’s plenty of Blues in Poynton. Not Wilmslow I know but not too far away.

Waggon and Horses in Handforth will have it on. I’ve never watched a derby in there, so not sure what the split is likely to be.

I was in there one Sunday when both City and United were on though and it was probably about 50/50.

It did kick off mind. But that was really just down to one knobhead, which can happen anywhere.

my experiences have been largely centred around Whitegate (near where a former fairly well known Liverpool player lives) but when I've been around I'd say there have been more supporters of Liverpool than most other teams, and I was one of the few City supporters watching games in the pubs around there.

Best bet in Wilmslow is the Kings Arms on the roundabout, owner is a big blue, or the Carters round the corner although you will get a mix of blues and reds in there but I think the owner is a blue too. Used to be anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.