City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

baylorblue said:
southern muppet said:
okay so on that Chelsea board they said that he tweeted this last night

Are Anderlecht playing today? Because if not it's a lot more likely he's talking about a transfer.

I don't believe they play in any competition until the 23rd. I might be wrong though.

Cheers. Hopefully it's something to do with Anderlecht receiving a big fee for him then. Admittedly it could be about any number of things..

Richard said:
Got to mean the end of Jo, Caicedo, Adebayor and Santa Cruz in the Summer. Maybe even preparing for another U-turn by Tevez?

If we got rid of all of those first four, with the transfer fees and the saving in wages it'd be really good business to buy this lad.

We currently have the following first team strikers on our books:

Edin Dzeko
Carlos Tevez
Mario Balotelli
Emmanuel Adebayor
Jo
Roque Santa Cruz
Craig Bellamy
Felipe Caicedo
plus Alex Nimley and John Guidetti from the Youth Team

Santa Cruz, Bellamy and Caicedo are on loan, and their City careers are essentially over. Adebayor is as good as gone, and Jo has ably demonstrated that he isn't up to the rough and tumble of Premier League football.

Nimley and Guidetti are prospects, who may or may not make it into the first team.

That leaves Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli who Mancini actually has faith in.

I think an addition to that strikeforce of a young, exciting player who could slot into the first team, but who needs to be developed over the next couple of seasons, makes perfect sense.

Yeah that would be the idea. I think the idea would be that he would not make an impact this season but would be allowed to finish his education etc and then move over pre season give him time to settle before football season etc

Remember he is only 17

i may be wrong but i think this is a clear sign that Tevez may have agreed to stay this season and then move on, we have prepared by signing Dzeko and it looks like this guy coming as well.

would make sence with the FFPR coming in as it would give us a boost with our income of maybe £50 million plus if we sell Ade and and a couple of others. this would keep us comfortably within the rules.

the big thing for us is to get the wages off the books as soon as possible, this is why i am happy enough with loan deals now, and then sell players next year when the rules apply.

Lukaku has NOT signed for Man City.
Yet another of Europe`s top talents, Romelu Lukaku, has snubbed Chelsea, preferring to become the 23rd striker on Manchester City`s books. Except that this time the rumour is rubbish.

Yesterday Belgian football magazine Sport/Foot wrote an excitable piece that Lukaku, the 17 year-old who has set the Belgian Jupiler League on fire (not literally) was on the cusp of signing with Manchester City with a view to joining the club in the summer. Sport/Foot pointed out that he would join his team-mate in the Belgian national team, Vincent Kompany, at City. That`s quite a coup for City: Lukaku scored 15 goals last season when he broke into the Anderlecht first team. This season he already has 10 to his name … as well as two for the Belgian national team.

"Lukaku has already reached an agreement with Manchester City for a transfer in July", said the magazine. "The Manchester club overtook the favourites for his signature, Liverpool and Chelsea". Apparently Lukaku`s lawyers and agents were meeting on Wednesday to tie up the contract having worked for two weeks. Only this week, Lukaku had expressed his preference to go to the Premier League, turning his back on one of his suitors: Real Madrid. He`d also declared his admiration for Didier Drogba, which many interpreted as a 'come-and-get-me` plea to Chelsea.

But having been pipped by Manchester City, it would appear that the age-old 'XXXX snubs Chelsea to sign for YYYYY` headline was being revived. Cue also a load of articles asking whether Chelsea still have it in the transfer market. Since Chelsea were the favourites for some time, many in the UK media portrayed this as a particularly hurtful failure for Chelsea.

The only problem: the rumour in Sport/Foot magazine is rubbish. The real situation is that City are interested, but that that is it. Apparently the rumour was put out there by a load of agents who wanted to turn the rumour into fact. So declares the Belgian daily newspaper 'La Dernière Heure / Les Sports`, which is not one of the best newspapers in Belgium but which is an authority when it comes to the sport in the country.

Manchester City is one of many clubs interested in the Red Devil, alongside a number of other Big English Clubs. But City`s involvement does not go any further. No negotiation has taken place between Anderlecht and City. Discussions will / could take place in the coming months. As with any other of Lukaku`s suitors.

And La Dernière Heure concludes that this is a saga that still has a lot of legs in it.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521827#ixzz1BUOHLFYd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1BUOHLFYd</a>

Can I just say that if he signs for us he is brilliant, a player to match any in the Prem.

On the other hand, if he doesn't sign for us, he's shit anyway.

(I've been taking lessons from the knowledgeable Scousers on Rawk.)

If he comes so be it if not no big deal but to quote a chelsea blog as a source of reliable fact is taking it a bit to far. The blog is a nonsense and even says itself that the paper who said the rumour is a nonsense is not one of the best papers in belgium but is a reliable source on belgian football in much the same way as the star is a reliable source on english football.

Its a blog from a chelsea fan who is despearate for chelsea to be the big dogs again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.