City 's next 10 games......

We need around 20 points from those games to remain on track for top 4 place which is the stated aim

Hard Games : Rags/Everton/West Brom/Stoke/Newcastle(As they will be totally fired up, as will the crowd)

The rest are must win games

A good post. I agree next 10 games vital. I think 19 or more would be a very good target - say one loss, 5 wins and 4 draws.

Add on the final game of the year which is Villa at home, which we should win,that will mean a target of 28 points between now and the end of the year. That's a very tall order for City - if you look back at any of our good runs, I bet we haven't had a run in the premier league like that. Isn't our best 4 wins out of 4?

I know we have the potential to be great, but we are still ultra reliant on Tevez and he is overdue a spell out with injury, so, I'd be surprised if we get anywhere near as much as 28 points out of the next 33. I'd be more than happy with 25. But anything is possible if Tevez stays fit and we have the Balotelli factor too, which we can hopefully look foward to.

We have 17points to date, so 43 or more by the New Year will be feckin' great after 20 games. Here's hoping we can stay in the hunt and power on in the 2nd half of the season - we'll have Utd, Chelsea, The Arse and L'Pool away to contend with. We'll need another 40 points or so from 18 games to be sure of being where we want to be.

Is that man in black last Sunday going to ref any of the 10 games?
He red carded our MOTM-to-be at the 3rd min and shows 4 yellows to the oppo to show how bias he is not.
Has our team really gelled yet? Maybe yes and with Kolarov and Mario coming in, we'll be stronger.
23 from the 30. CTID!!!!

we've had an easier start to the season compared to the rags, YCMIU

Without name-checking any particular clubs, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he expects a five-way title battle this season with usual suspects United, Arsenal and Chelsea presumably joined by upstarts Manchester City and Tottenham in the race for the Premier League crown.

Speaking to Sirius FM (an American radio station), an unusually chatty Ferguson said:

“I wouldn’t be betting against it being a five-horse race. I think there is a lot of twists and turns left in the race. The result at Stoke has had a galvanising effect on the club but we have to motor on now.

At the moment Chelsea have done very little wrong but if you look at our programme, we have had a much harder programme than the rest. We’ve been to Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, Bolton – all these difficult places where nobody enjoys going, but we’ve got them out of the road now.”

We have had a hard start too, So called top 4 and Spurs in first 9 matches.

Its time to push on now though and we cant blame injuries now as more or less a full strength squad.

Top 4 is the aim and we should not get carries away with title talk this year as for me we are still missing a top class centre half

Robbo. said:
I think we could have a really good run here.

Wolves (away)
West Brom (away)
Scum (Home)
Birmingham City (home)
Fulham (away)
Stoke City (away)
Bolton (home)
West Ham (away)
Everton (home)
Newcastle United (away)

The scums and Everton are the tricky games, but the away games are the ones that can define the run.

They haven't played anyone from last year's top 5 yet, what the fuck is he going on about?

We've played Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.
Chelsea have played us and Arsenal.
Arsenal have played us and Chelsea.
Spurs have played us.

They haven't played us, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea, and reckons he's had a harder run than the rest of us? Bellend

Fallingbostel Blue said:
we've had an easier start to the season compared to the rags, YCMIU

Without name-checking any particular clubs, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he expects a five-way title battle this season with usual suspects United, Arsenal and Chelsea presumably joined by upstarts Manchester City and Tottenham in the race for the Premier League crown.

Speaking to Sirius FM (an American radio station), an unusually chatty Ferguson said:

“I wouldn’t be betting against it being a five-horse race. I think there is a lot of twists and turns left in the race. The result at Stoke has had a galvanising effect on the club but we have to motor on now.

At the moment Chelsea have done very little wrong but if you look at our programme, we have had a much harder programme than the rest. We’ve been to Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, Bolton – all these difficult places where nobody enjoys going, but we’ve got them out of the road now.”
Pmsl at Bacon Face. These are their 9 games to date, with each side's current league position:

Newcastle........9th
Fulham............16th
West Ham........20th
Everton...........12th
Liverpool..........18th
Bolton.............8th
Sunderland.......7th
West Brom.......6th
Stoke..............13th

The best team they've played is West Brom. They've played none of their 4 closest rivals. The only teams they've played from the top half are West Brom, Sunderland, Bolton and Newcastle.... hardly footballing giants.

Piss easy start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.