City Season Review DVD

argyle

Watched the season review dvd again. Loved seeing last season.

A small problem though and can easily be overlooked but thought I'd see if anyone else noticed it. Did anyone else find that the commentator throughout the dvd really got on their nerves with the pronunciation of players names etc? He kept pronouncing players names in the accents of their country. So Balotelli was pronounced (Baaluteliiii) , Carlos (Caarlus), Zebaleta (Sabiletar), Anelka (Arneilkar), Malouda, (Marluidaar) and also Toure Yaya etc.

Like I said not the worlds worst problem, their name may very well be pronounced like that in their own country, but it just sounded strange when he kept going from an English accent to other accents.

Would also like to see the official dvd's being produced with a better quality.

All in all though, seeing it again has made me even more excited for the start of the new season!

i thought it was very poorly put together, whoever is in charge of the screen graphics couldn`t even get the scores right !!, and was amazed that the club shop can charge £20 for it when it was £14.99 in HMV.

DaveB said:
i thought it was very poorly put together, whoever is in charge of the screen graphics couldn`t even get the scores right !!, and was amazed that the club shop can charge £20 for it when it was £14.99 in HMV.
I'd give it 7 out of 10. Some of the picture quality is, at best, variable; shoddy work getting the scores wrong; the Chappys are just embarrassing and, as you said, the price the official shop are quoting is a joke. For delivery over here the shop was charging a total of the equivalent of €43, whereas I got the same DVD from Play.com for €15 including free delivery.

DaveB said:

£11.99 on Amazon.

LoveCity said:
DaveB said:

£11.99 on Amazon.

Got mine off there for that price.... P&P included.

Just got my triple pack from Amazon (free postage to Spain) Review , Cup Final and BMR all for 30 smackers. Just watched BMR - enjoyed it immensely - a great watch for ALL footie fans. The season review was ok but what do you really expect - it´s just all the goals from all the games, end of

I'm in the process of a complaint about the end of season DVD.

1) it's all the stuff from the website we can see for free being sold for 12-20 quid depending on where you look?

2) doesn't match the quality of other end of season dvd's (this being our best season since the creation of videotapes et al. *others being the back to the prem keegans first season in charge and the one after the last season at Maine Rd.

3) Most of the commentary is strained and dubbed over in after match editing.

4) Why were the chappys on a DVD? Seriously, get us some interviews with players that we haven't seen.

5) No behind the scenes footage like years gone by, or exclusive tit-bits that make it fresh.

6) Poorly edited to the point they got the scores wrong.

7) On other Dvd's (the ones mentioned above) you got a sense of the atmosphere from watching it, made you feel like you were there all over again, on this though it's nothing like that and is quite boring to watch.

8) I feel sorry for someone as credible as Alistair Mann having to voice-over on that load of shite.

mcfcryan said:

1) it's all the stuff from the website we can see for free being sold for 12-20 quid depending on where you look?

2) doesn't match the quality of other end of season dvd's (this being our best season since the creation of videotapes et al. *others being the back to the prem keegans first season in charge and the one after the last season at Maine Rd.

4) Why were the chappys on a DVD? Seriously, get us some interviews with players that we haven't seen.

5) No behind the scenes footage like years gone by, or exclusive tit-bits that make it fresh.

7) On other Dvd's (the ones mentioned above) you got a sense of the atmosphere from watching it, made you feel like you were there all over again, on this though it's nothing like that and is quite boring to watch.

8) I feel sorry for someone as credible as Alistair Mann having to voice-over on that load of shite.

in the process of a complaint....?

i think you need to get a grip of yourself pal or maybe a life.

M24-CRC said:
mcfcryan said:

in the process of a complaint....?

i think you need to get a grip of yourself pal or maybe a life.

No. The thought of buying an end of season DVD was to see something different, something worth paying the money for. The fact that it's just been ripped off the website by someone who's probably been paid quite a bit a money, when a 14 year old Media student could've probably done the same thing seems a bit of a rip-off.

I wasn't forced to buy the dvd but then again we shouldn't expect such a poor product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.