City Signed Georgi Kinkladze July 15th 1995

Having seen him live he was in my opinion the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen with the ball at his feet , marradonna esque. However he was also the furthest away from the effort and commitment needed to succeed in the modern game. Pep would have had him out the door in 5 mins if her was around when he took over.

Have to say like many blues I have mixed feelings/memories about Kinkladze.
Without doubt a very gifted footballer who was at times a joy to watch. Many of his team mates simply weren't on the same level as him (I remember it once being described as watching Red Rum give donkey rides on Blackpool beach!)
On the other side of the coin he could disappear in matches be ineffective and seem disinterested, you do wonder what impact this had on the dressing room?
Kinky didn't do much after leaving City and in many respects didn't achieve his potential.
The lack of quality around him maybe made him seem better than he was and imo he can't be compared to Bernardo.
Much though he was a hugely talented footballer I have far fonder memories of (much less naturally gifted )players like The Goat, Morrison and Super Kev who worked their bollocks off for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.