City snub £16.7m offer for Robinho

Bojinov The Bull

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=807161&sec=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5739</a>

Manchester City have a rejected a £16.7 million offer for Robinho from Turkish club Besiktas.

City paid Real Madrid a British record £34 million for the forward in January last year but the Brazilian has failed to settle at Eastlands and has fallen out with manager Roberto Mancini.

But Robinho, who was sent out on loan to Santos at the back end of last season, cost City so much that they are going to have to take a hefty cut in his value to move him on, however they are reluctant to go too low.

A well placed source told Soccernet: "Having paid &euro42 million (£34m), Manchester City would like to recoup &euro35 million (£29m), but so far have only had the one offer of &euros;20 million (£16.7m) from Besiktas.

"Robinho has been linked with Barcelona but there is little interest from Barca in signing him now, and City's problem is that they cannot keep on loaning a player who cost them so much."

------------------------------------------------------------

Double it and they might get close!

At EFC away I wouldn't have given that much, but his true value is still not far short of £30m. If AV want £30m for Milner, then Robinho is worth more than that. They are extracting the urine, and should not be given the opportunity of a bargain buy.

I think we should have accepted it. Doubt we'll get a much better offer as everyone knows he wants to leave so we're really not in a position of strength in any deal for him. I don't see a way back for him at City.

We will NEVER get what we paid back for the player we have spent fortunes on, because the clubs we bought them off charged us pro-rata based on our wealth. Thats why if united did get Sneijder, they would be charged far, far less than if we bid for him. I couldn't be arsed explaining that to the OP of the 'HANG ON A MINUTE' thread, as he obviously has his own stewing issues against all non-blue. Robinho was never worth £32.5m when we bought him and he never will be. £20m on the nose and we should accept it, then run to the bank waving our cheque round with a giddy laugh bellowing out of our gobs. He was worth £25m, tops when we bought him and even thats pushing it. Its a 'problem' we have to deal with, but a problem I couldn't give two fucks about because its not our money. We would be stupid not to accept £20m though.

Pigeonho said:
We will NEVER get what we paid back for the player we have spent fortunes on, because the clubs we bought them off charged us pro-rata based on our wealth. Thats why if united did get Sneijder, they would be charged far, far less than if we bid for him. I couldn't be arsed explaining that to the OP of the 'HANG ON A MINUTE' thread, as he obviously has his own stewing issues against all non-blue. Robinho was never worth £32.5m when we bought him and he never will be. £20m on the nose and we should accept it, then run to the bank waving our cheque round with a giddy laugh bellowing out of our gobs. He was worth £25m, tops when we bought him and even thats pushing it. Its a 'problem' we have to deal with, but a problem I couldn't give two fucks about because its not our money. We would be stupid not to accept £20m though.

The rags will have to pay 50m to get Sneijder mate. At least.

Somud said:
Pigeonho said:

The rags will have to pay 50m to get Sneijder mate. At least.
Maybe so, but we'd have to pay £70m. They would get him for less than £50m though in my view, because they are one of the players, the big boys who people take seriously when it comes to major deals because they don't have to chuck daft wages/fees about because they are who they are. Thats by the by though, the point I was making is we have overpaid on probably all the deals we've made since the takeover, all bar Barry and Johnson i'd say, (that tells its own story with them being English). The others though, we will never recoup the fee back, not even close. Robinho should be sold if the bids reach £20m, thats my view on it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.