City Summer Spend and FFP Cap

jimbopm

Current state of play as I see it:

City have had a €60m Net spending cap imposed on them for the 2014/15 season.

Players signed or near signing.

Fernando - €15m
Zuculini - €1.5m
Iheanacho & Nwakali - €1m
Sagna - Free

No players sold so far, leaving the cap standing €42.5m for remaining business.

How do fellow bluemooners see City spending the remaining money? Which players will come in and for how much? Also who will City sell and how much will this increase the balance?

Thoughts?

Prices quoted in euros

Richards will bring in ..... 10m
Garcia 10m
Rodwell 8m
Negredo will leave for 25m

Maybe Yaya for 30m
Sinclair 4m

Add the 87m to whats left ......

we dont need to replace Richards, Garcia and Rodwell as we have with Sagna, Fernando and Zuccilini.

We will need to replace Yaya and Negredo and purchase a centerback and keeper

jimbopm said:
Current state of play as I see it:

City have had a €60m Net spending cap imposed on them for the 2014/15 season.

Players signed or near signing.

Fernando - €15m
Zuculini - €1.5m
Iheanacho & Nwakali - €1m
Sagna - Free

No players sold so far, leaving the cap standing €42.5m for remaining business.

How do fellow bluemooners see City spending the remaining money? Which players will come in and for how much? Also who will City sell and how much will this increase the balance?

Thoughts?

Thought youth players didn't count?

40 million euros on Sanchez and it would make our team unbeatable! Sell a few players raise some funds for a CB and I think that'll be the best team in the premier league history tbh.

If you accept that City are looking for a back-up keeper, which would hopefully cost no more than €10m then I think given that we will sell a couple of players we will definitely be targeting a centre-back and one other player.

I posted this earlier in the Yaya thread in £ Sterling :-)

In respect to the way FFP is limiting our spending right now, an additional £35m (for Yaya) to put toward the £28m we have left over from the reported Fernando deal would go a long way to getting Sanchez & Vidal. I know we need another CB, but I'm not convinced Mangala is worth more than £10m - £15m from what I've seen of him irrespective of what Porto are quoting.

We still have a shit load of deadwood to shift too which will free up spaces and wages and bring in another £20m - £30m IMO, so with the sale of Toure and the remaining deadwood (Garcia, Sinclair, Richards, Guidetti, Rodwell, Boyata) and players released (Barry, Lescott, Pantilimon) plus the balance from our £40m limit, we could effectively have nearer £80m - £90m to play with which should put us within touching distance of Sanchez, Vidal/Pogba & Mangala/Benatia. The only issue then is that of the homegrown variety.....................

aren't we due £10 million from Milan for selling them Balotelli, thought the payments were staged over 2 years?

Daz_Blue said:
Prices quoted in euros

Richards will bring in ..... 10m
Garcia 10m
Rodwell 8m
Negredo will leave for 25m

Maybe Yaya for 30m
Sinclair 4m

Add the 87m to whats left ......

we dont need to replace Richards, Garcia and Rodwell as we have with Sagna, Fernando and Zuccilini.

We will need to replace Yaya and Negredo and purchase a centerback and keeper

Yaya 30m Euros? Are you having a laugh? Try £35m to £40m

Hopefully he stays though

Armaan said:
40 million euros on Sanchez and it would make our team unbeatable! Sell a few players raise some funds for a CB and I think that'll be the best team in the premier league history tbh.

Why? Everything I have read about Sanchez suggest Barca are looking for between £20m & £24m

So why pay more than they want?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.