city supporters outside manchester.

lastmanback

I feel i have to make a point and it's to do with the Manchester
based born and bred fans who seem to want to keep M.C.F.C.
to an elite fanclub. You piss and moan about every club and there fans from
outside of the immediate area who choose to support a certain team.
If you take all the fans who do not live or who where not born in manchester away
from CITY'S weekly attendance and keep it as an exclusive local team for local people
you would be lucky to get 40,000 per match.
People will have to get used to the fact that people like football and have the right
to choose who they support,so people get off there high horses and stop calling non manchester
people glory hunters,
who cares if they are from ireland, scotland, america, asia, australia.
think about it, these people travel from all over the world to watch CITY, while some local
CITY fans only show up when we are winning.
END OF RANT.

your's truly, a glory hunter from the 70s.

Calm down son!

I, for one, am responsible for some of the 'glory hunters' cause I came out here to yanksville and got a bunch of lads into football (Thanks in no small part to the world cup in '06 and the fact that Reyna was with us).

Frankly, so long as they understand our humble history and don't give it the big one when we start mopping up some trophies, I don't care where they come from, although maybe I might have a more defensive attitude if I still lived in England.

p.s. On second thoughts, f**k it, they can give it the big one all they like!

alanjames24 said:
Calm down son!

I, for one, am responsible for some of the 'glory hunters' cause I came out here to yanksville and got a bunch of lads into football (Thanks in no small part to the world cup in '06 and the fact that Reyna was with us).

Frankly, so long as they understand our humble history and don't give it the big one when we start mopping up some trophies, I don't care where they come from, although maybe I might have a more defensive attitude if I still lived in England.

p.s. On second thoughts, f**k it, they can give it the big one all they like!

o.k dad thanks :-)

Of course City have supporters outside Manchester. I expect some people will be mancunian blues but living abroad. My mate lives in Tokyo and follows every kick. There are also those manchunian blues who lives elsewhere in the UK. As a result their spouse/children will also tend to follow the blues as well and the chain will continue. Some overseas fans are enevitable as the EPL is so popular and high profile many of their media. This can be related to players at City eg Deyna inspiring Polish interest in City . Ireland and ManUre are partly connected due to Best/Keane etc. Many of this type of fans are also "glory seekers" so they follow the best /most successful teams. Historically this is unlikely to be City. The most annoying type of fans are those who dont follow their local club (and have no mancunian heritage). Cockney Reds should clearly be following a London club. I accept that Mun*ch is a massive reason behing this type of fan. I was amazed at my visit to the swamp earlier this year at the derby to hear the range of accents around. Cocknies, brummies, Irish, Americans, Asians etc etc etc. They seem to treat the swamp as a theme park, excitedly picking up all on offer at the souvenier shop and all the side-stalls. If I were a rag I would be pissed off if I couldnt get a ticket because of all these outsiders attending. I dont think City have many of this type of fan. In fact only Liverool, Arsenal and Chelsea have this type of fan apart fom ManUre. Coincidentally they have all achieved some recent "Glory". When we got 30,00 fans in division 3, do you think there were many hangers-on in the crowd? Unlikely. I travel extensively through my job and feel like vomitting when I see a group of kids in Barnsley for example kicking a ball around in their ManUre shirts. I suspect some may change to blue if success comes to us, but I hope not. But to answer the OP I dont think the COMS capacity is made up of 8,000 "outsiders"

Really crap argument mate...how do you think kids choose their teams?? If it was all a matter of geography & nearest club (which is what the Little Britain, 'outsiders from Manchester' argument really is) we'd be fucked...

Most kids (unless there's a strong fan identity within close family) will usually be influenced by childhood peer groups, or/& the successful teams of the day...I'm lifelong blue but originally my closest team was Workington...your argument implies I should stick with Non League...and, what happens if you move house? Do I then have to support the club nearest?

It doesn't really matter if most rag fans are from outside Manchester, or Liverpool fans are not from Merseyside...with success it's gonna happen to us to...& thank God for Citys success in the late 60's/70's cos many loyal current fans wouldn't have found us...

If you see kids in Barnsley wearing City tops it should fill you with a bit of pride that some kid feels the same way you feel or felt about Bell/Kinkladze/Robinho...bring it on & let's look forward to having a massive fan base & eventually filling an extended stadium with a 100,000 capacity. Then, if the good Sheik walks away, his legacy will be a club that can operate at the top level both on the field & off...

Ps Next thing you'll be telling me I can't wear my Brasil shirt...haha

I live in Sweden and I am 36 years old, i've loved City since I was 8 years old. So there is City lovers outside Manchester

Born in Chester and have supported City for all my 50 years (well for all that I can remember). No idea why I started supporting them non of the family did. My love of City has never diminished but there has been occasions that I envy the Mancs but it doesn't make me any less of a fan (not in my book anyway).

Canadian born and raised, no influence from any friends or anything. No parental or familial ties to the club. I simply fell in love by watching a few games and was hooked from that day on. I have only been watching Football for 3 years and I started by watching City and from that instant on I was hooked.

I know the history too, I read about it all and fell in love with that as well. I think its brilliant, everything about this club is class to me.

BoundedCascade said:
Canadian born and raised, no influence from any friends or anything. No parental or familial ties to the club. I simply fell in love by watching a few games and was hooked from that day on. I have only been watching Football for 3 years and I started by watching City and from that instant on I was hooked.

I know the history too, I read about it all and fell in love with that as well. I think its brilliant, everything about this club is class to me.

top man

I,ve supported City since the 70's, I dont come from Manchester and have no conection with Manchester but that's the team I chose, I was a young kid and had no idea where Manchester was, nobody in my family were in to football so no team got passed down, not because any of my mate's supported them I was the only City fan at school. I picked City and so it shall remain, oh and I'm in Suffolk!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.