City Team of the 2000's

This is a proper international football has bored us all thread.

There's currently an online trend of thinking back to great/iconic Premier League footballers from the 2000's. So slightly inline with that (although we didnt have many great players) who would be your City XI from that era.

One Rule:
Only judge them on their performances in the 2000's, not the 90's or 2010's, so Tevez and Lescott signed in the summer 09 window shouldn't really count, they had 4 months in that era.
Kompany for example only had a 1.5 years in the 2000s, so you might prefer to pick Dunne for the era.

2000/01 squad:
2001/02 squad:
2002/03:
2003/04:
2004/05:
2005/06:
2006/07:
2007/08:
2008/09:

This is what I've come up with:
----------------------James
Richards---Dunne--Kompany--Distin
---------------------Barton
--------------Ireland----Elano
SWP-------------Anelka---------Robinho

Bench: Weaver, Hart, Howey, Corluka, Zabaleta, Pearce, Foe, C. Reyna, Johnson, De Jong, Berkovic, Bernarbia, Huckerby, Petrov, Bellamy, Goater, Vassell, A. Cole

I struggled on the keeper, was never mad on James tbh, always loved Weaver but he had injuries. Hart didn't really come into his own until after the loan to Birmingham.
Left back was rough so I've cheated. I could have stuck Zaba there, I think Richards has to be ahead of him.at right back in that era.
I really didn't want to put that twat in midfield but he carried us in the Pearce era.
Breaks my heart leaving the Goat out.
It's a big bench but they're essentially my honourable mentions.

I was young in this era so my memory may be hazy.
Might I suggest: Kompany at DM for that horrible twat, Barton, and Tarnat at LB?

This is a proper international football has bored us all thread.

There's currently an online trend of thinking back to great/iconic Premier League footballers from the 2000's. So slightly inline with that (although we didnt have many great players) who would be your City XI from that era.

One Rule:
Only judge them on their performances in the 2000's, not the 90's or 2010's, so Tevez and Lescott signed in the summer 09 window shouldn't really count, they had 4 months in that era.
Kompany for example only had a 1.5 years in the 2000s, so you might prefer to pick Dunne for the era.

2000/01 squad:
2001/02 squad:
2002/03:
2003/04:
2004/05:
2005/06:
2006/07:
2007/08:
2008/09:

This is what I've come up with:
----------------------James
Richards---Dunne--Kompany--Distin
---------------------Barton
--------------Ireland----Elano
SWP-------------Anelka---------Robinho

Bench: Weaver, Hart, Howey, Corluka, Zabaleta, Pearce, Foe, C. Reyna, Johnson, De Jong, Berkovic, Bernarbia, Huckerby, Petrov, Bellamy, Goater, Vassell, A. Cole

I struggled on the keeper, was never mad on James tbh, always loved Weaver but he had injuries. Hart didn't really come into his own until after the loan to Birmingham.
Left back was rough so I've cheated. I could have stuck Zaba there, I think Richards has to be ahead of him.at right back in that era.
I really didn't want to put that twat in midfield but he carried us in the Pearce era.
Breaks my heart leaving the Goat out.
It's a big bench but they're essentially my honourable mentions.

I was young in this era so my memory may be hazy.
Feck me - you put barton in there!!!!

I'd have had any fecker - even Hamann - over that toxic little scouse chunt.
(I just can't judge him solely on performance - sorry)

Zabs rb,
Having had the absolute pleasure of seeing the 3 in the flesh that midfield should be Foe, Bernarbia and Berkovic imho
Johnson would be starting if not for injury robbing us of the chance to see what he might have been

Last edited:
Feck me - you put barton in there!!!!

I'd have had any fecker - even Hamann - over that toxic little scouse chunt.
(I just can't judge him solely on performance - sorry)

Zabs rb,
Having had the absolute pleasure of seeing the 3 in the flesh that midfield should be Foe, Bernarbia and Berkovic imho
Johnson would be starting if not for injury robbing us of the chance to see what he might have been

I know I like Vienna's suggestion of Kompany DM given he played there in the 00's that's probably fairer. The Pearce era really was dismal though on performance alone he did save us (he is a twat though).

Can't put Zabs in, love the man but his best came after 2009 in my opinion.

Benarbia and Berkovic were class but their best came in that Championsip season. Obviously fan favourites so would expect them to be in plenty of sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.