City, the saviours of English Football?

You Were Meant To Save The World Hero GIF - You Were Meant To Save The World  Hero Saviour - Discover & Share GIFs

Back in the day utd used to get plaudits for fielding english players v the rest of the dirty clubs bringing in foreigners!

One thing is clear for me. Once the pendulum swings back in their favour (The red clubs) I never want to be part of that football landscape again. Its become clear during City's dominance just how much support those clubs get from the media and just how much the media need them to succeed.

Yeah the media love to stick the knife in to them but the whole financial landscape around the PL, the written media, PL owners, the history clubs, TV stations, podcasters, radio, all of it benefits from having the club with the biggest fanbase at the top of the pile... I wish I knew the words for it but it is a natural bias towards money, and City and Pep have been the only ones able to hold back that tidal wave.

Hopefully Newcastle in future too though, I really really want them to succeed because football, the PL will be better in the long term.

And finally... City are now the best team in tyhe world, the PL can now accurately boast the best league in the world... Thats down to Pep and City. And THEY want to ban us. fkin idiots.

While I realise the tongue in cheek nature of the thread, it is interesting that this is a consistent theme in Pep’s teams. They are always full of “home” players.

Do we think it’s a coincidence that when he was in Spain, Spain won the World Cup, when he was in Germany, Germany won the World Cup, and since he’s been in England we’ve made our first major final in 50 years? No of course not. He raises the bar in the domestic leagues he goes to, but he also nurtures the players that call that place home.

He clearly sees value in that connection those players have to the league and its fans, and he uses it as a component of the force that drives his teams.

Back in the day utd used to get plaudits for fielding english players v the rest of the dirty clubs bringing in foreigners!

One thing is clear for me. Once the pendulum swings back in their favour (The red clubs) I never want to be part of that football landscape again. Its become clear during City's dominance just how much support those clubs get from the media and just how much the media need them to succeed.

Yeah the media love to stick the knife in to them but the whole financial landscape around the PL, the written media, PL owners, the history clubs, TV stations, podcasters, radio, all of it benefits from having the club with the biggest fanbase at the top of the pile... I wish I knew the words for it but it is a natural bias towards money, and City and Pep have been the only ones able to hold back that tidal wave.

Hopefully Newcastle in future too though, I really really want them to succeed because football, the PL will be better in the long term.

And finally... City are now the best team in tyhe world, the PL can now accurately boast the best league in the world... Thats down to Pep and City. And THEY want to ban us. fkin idiots.
Judging by the number of Spanish around me at Burnley Friday our fan base is expanding rapidly. Not complaining like the one next to me was a stunner, oh to be 30 years younger :-)

Was there a derby where Foden didn't start and was described as being from Stockport near Manchester? Weird.

If we'd got Rice and Kane, we'd have had most of the England team. It's incredible that the women's team have even more past/present City connections too.

Even Southgate acknowledged that teams at every level are trying to play out from the back. As good coaches as slurgie and orthodontist's nightmare undoubtedly are, despite being less than great people, their brand of football is archaic, plenty of excitement but little control and much less skill than any iteration of Pep ball.

The funniest thing is that if El Pep had the UK media fawning over him, as at Barca and Bayern, he'd have done 3 years and rode off into the sunset.

The hostility he's had from the football establishment has spurred him and the team on to true immortality. The free ride that red shirts get has not been unnoticed by him our the players.

115 charges* , thanks for providing the fuel for The Treble!

“There is nothing English about City.” Simon Jordan. (Who else?)
5 City players were in the England squad the next week: Philips, Foden, Stones, Walker, Grealish. With those five plus Lewis, McAtee and Palmer City are well stocked with Englishmen.
We bring Manc lads through the academy, give them a first class education at Bede’s and an opportunity to learn at and play for the greatest club in the world. For a budding young English player there’s no better place to be. Listen to Rico or Foden speak and it’s clear what wise heads they’ve got their young shoulders. Of course that’s parenting but it’s the mentoring environment too. McAtee, Palmer, many other local lads waiting in the wings. What are local rivals doing for the English game? Slabhead in for 85m and out for 30, McTomato in midfield and Mason G and his very public domestics.

Even if Jordan didn’t have an anti City agenda you aren’t going to get much sense out of him. I spend a lot of time around Londoners and their opinions of anything Mancunian are rarely based on knowledge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.