City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

Almost as if he supports someone else
200.gif

Many forget the REAL reason this protest started, it had nothing to do with FFP, and everything to do with FANS getting shafted by UEFA, who then allowed the banned teams fans in, but NOT the none banned teams fans. I'm sure its moved on with many now, but it shouldn't be lost that the fans are protesting about treatment of fans (not just ours), and now we are being charged with protesting over a tune, its f**king ridiculous.

Henry hasn't a clue, about it, that much is obvious.

This is lost on many, including those in the written press who are driving the FFP angle and the brain dead sheep are lapping it up.

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has defended his club's fans after a Uefa disciplinary case was opened against them for booing the Champions League anthem.

City will attend a hearing next month after the incident, which took place before Wednesday's 2-1 win against Sevilla at Etihad Stadium.

"I don't know why Uefa think this about our fans," said Pellegrini.

"They pay for tickets and, with respect, can express what they feel."

Last year a City fan group led a protest against European football's governing body after 650 CSKA Moscow supporters gained access to the Khimki Arena for their Champions League game, despite the Russian club being ordered to play it behind closed doors

What interests me is why they've chosen to do this now. We're all saying they're stupid and have committed a major PR blunder but have they? Or rather, they have but is there some ulterior motive?

We booed much, much louder at the Bayern Munich game last season. That surely got noticed as it was both sets of fans booing but nothing from UEFA. It was pretty loud at the Juve game and apparently it was loudly booed in Moenchengladbach. Yet still nothing but it was far less noticeable on Wednesday night. I could barely hear it from where I was in 236 but the match delegate reported it although he didn't mention it in his post-match briefing. That suggests his reporting of it was an afterthought, possibly at the urging of UEFA. So they must have had a reason to do that.

I think back to Adebayor's taunting of the Arsenal fans after he scored. The club were told at the time that he'd been cautioned for unsporting conduct. But that meant the FA couldn't then issue a retrospective charge, as the referee had dealt with it. So Clattenburg amended his report retrospectively to say he booked Ade for time-wasting (although it's quite possible no one has ever got back to their own half after scoring quicker than he did, even when Dzeko equialised against QPR). Therefore the FA could now charge him.

So what are UEFA up to?

OK setting myself up for accusations of rag etc given that I haven't posted here before

But

Prestwich echoes some of my thoughts

They're either completely incompetent at PR doing this or there's some machiavellian motive

Still can't grinning though

Last year a City fan group led a protest against European football's governing body after 650 CSKA Moscow supporters gained access to the Khimki Arena for their Champions League game, despite the Russian club being ordered to play it behind closed doors
Unfortunately it fails to mention the most important aspect, that several hundred fans of both City, and Bayern were kept OUT, despite them having booked hotels/visas/travel BEFORE UEFA banned fans from the game, and were not even compensated.

Theres a great line I remember from Dusk till Dawn
Are you that stupid you don't even know when you have won?
City have fought FFP ,they won, City have secured the services of more great players , the time to throw down the gauntlet was a few years previous, now theres no point, City have won, hence this ridiculous charge, Uefas last throw of the dice
Some funny digs btw well done

Go on then ya bellend, what, exactly, have we 'won' ?

This is NOT about FFP you muggy c**t

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.