City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't, for several reasons, one we don't have that stand built yet, and two, government legislation is required to allow safe standing, and its still not on the governments agenda, and if you're honest they have bigger things to worry about currently.

I know. I meant in the future. The NS is in hold. The focus is now the Etihad Campus. 5 years? I would rather City wait until safe standing is introduced. It will be.

I know. I meant in the future. The NS is in hold. The focus is now the Etihad Campus. 5 years? I would rather City wait until safe standing is introduced. It will be.
I can't see the government getting round to it in this parliament so could be at least 3 years away, probably more. I still expect the North Stand to be started within 3 years, mainly because I would think they want the building work done at the same time or at least for when the campus up and running.

Perhaps no one knows for sure, the one thing we do know is “operation one end” was a massive failure. Atsmosphere is where the away fans are. End the discussion there

Name me one stadium where the atmosphere is best next to the away fans, I'll name you ten in response where it is the exact opposite.

The atmosphere isn't next to the away fans for most clubs. Liverpool, United,Dortmund, Munich, Real, Gladbach etc all have their main sections opposite from the away end. Even smaller clubs like Watford have their main section the other end of the ground.

Not saying the atmosphere is great in all of them by any means like Real, however the majority of their atmospheres come from the sections opposite. Most German teams / European teams do it for the displays to be seen.

No, parts of the shallow lower tier sing, split by the away fans, level 2 corporate, and a 3rd tier. Come on lads, it's not rocket science.

But yes, it won't happen because City won't seize this last opportunity. It's all about the £, Corporate, priced blocks and rows, etc

We're being left behind by other clubs trying to improve their atmospheres.

Correct for the last 20 years people have grown up with the restrictions we have now. Making a standing section with rail seats wont change it.

All this stuff about the stadium configuration is just bollocks.

European away fans generate amazing atmospheres in the corner of the ground we give them.

Anyway, fuck it, I'm off to Anfield.

Name me one stadium where the atmosphere is best next to the away fans, I'll name you ten in response where it is the exact opposite.

The atmosphere isn't next to the away fans for most clubs. Liverpool, United,Dortmund, Munich, Real, Gladbach etc all have their main sections opposite from the away end. Even smaller clubs like Watford have their main section the other end of the ground.

Not saying the atmosphere is great in all of them by any means like Real, however the majority of their atmospheres come from the sections opposite. Most German teams / European teams do it for the displays to be seen.

I disagree, when I’ve been to them grounds and I’ve been to four you listed you can’t hear a peep from these “walls” or “kops” but that’s completely irrelevant my point is with city fans anyway. There is atmosphere either side of the away fans because them ones prefer to spend 90 minutes offering the away fans outside. We’ve tried it with one end being blues and it didn’t work. Look at the videos of us singing at Everton and even then it’s all over and one side singing something completely different to others only yards away. Since we’ve been in the stadium we’ve constantly looked at ways to make the atmosphere better, fair play to every one who tries but it’s utterly pointless. It’s modern day football and won’t ever change

Cheaper season tickets on offer doesn’t always mean younger fans would get their hands on them ... a lot of tourists who attend 3, 4 or 5 games a season only and even end up paying £100+ each to touts for biggers games like derby and the last home game etc (as being offered on various social media these days) would snap those up and then those seats/spaces would be empty most of the season except for a few bigger games ... and this would be true not only for tourists but also for out of area fans, who go game by game because buying a season card doesn’t make sense for them as they can’t always make them, especially when TV keeps changing almost all our games (we had only a handful of Sat 3pm games at home all season) ...

Correct for the last 20 years people have grown up with the restrictions we have now. Making a standing section with rail seats wont change it.

Yes it will.

It's not the rail seats as such, it's the amount of people you can put in one stand, under the same roof, and standing together.

I'm not going to spill the beans of a planned display(come back to me on that), but if that display had a 20,000 safe standing tier like Dortmunds, it would look f***ing amazing. And so would the support.

Sorry mate, but why aren't people like you getting it? And getting what could happen at the Etihad if such a stand was created by the club?

It won't ever be Dortmund, but it would be bloody good.

IMG_2526.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.