City to lodge UEFA complaint (Merged)

Re: City to lodge UEFA complaint

Strange choice of words on the BBC;

In the post-match press conference, Mancini insisted that the chanting had not disturbed him.

Implies he heard it but wasn't disturbed by it. Though to be fair it follows this up with;

"I didn't hear the noise, because I was concentrating on the game," he said.

Josh Blue said:
Skashion said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
The derrogatory term 'argie' is racist, in exactly the same way as 'chinky' (Chinese) and 'Pakki' (Pakistan) are also.............................its meant to be demeaning, by highlighting a low opinion of another person's 'race/ethnicity' . To say its just ignorance is a smokescreen.
I bet if I started a thread on Aguero and called him an Argie genius, no-one would bat an eyelid, and rightfully so, because it's a shortened form of Argentinian. It's not the term itself which is racist. It's the association with it. If it's being used in a stream of insults as an insult, then yes it's xenophobic (not racist, the Argentines are not a race). Paki, I'd argue the same applies. If someone says for instance I'm going down the Paki shop which is known to be owned by Pakistanis when compared to another shop the person could go to, then the term is a shortened word for Pakistani used to differentiate it from the other shop so that the other person knows to which shop they are going. If a white person sees a random person of Indian subcontinental appearance they've never met before and shouts Paki bastard, that is clearly racist as they've associated the term Paki with brown skin. If however, an Indian, knowing someone to be Pakistani says Paki bastard, that's xenophobic again. There's so much context to considered.

Hate it when people use the term 'paki' shop. It's just stupid, just call it a shop. It is even more stupid the shop is owned by Turks........
I believe I pre-emptively answered your objections.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMazbotRG8[/youtube]

Josh Blue said:
Skashion said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
The derrogatory term 'argie' is racist, in exactly the same way as 'chinky' (Chinese) and 'Pakki' (Pakistan) are also.............................its meant to be demeaning, by highlighting a low opinion of another person's 'race/ethnicity' . To say its just ignorance is a smokescreen.
I bet if I started a thread on Aguero and called him an Argie genius, no-one would bat an eyelid, and rightfully so, because it's a shortened form of Argentinian. It's not the term itself which is racist. It's the association with it. If it's being used in a stream of insults as an insult, then yes it's xenophobic (not racist, the Argentines are not a race). Paki, I'd argue the same applies. If someone says for instance I'm going down the Paki shop which is known to be owned by Pakistanis when compared to another shop the person could go to, then the term is a shortened word for Pakistani used to differentiate it from the other shop so that the other person knows to which shop they are going. If a white person sees a random person of Indian subcontinental appearance they've never met before and shouts Paki bastard, that is clearly racist as they've associated the term Paki with brown skin. If however, an Indian, knowing someone to be Pakistani says Paki bastard, that's xenophobic again. There's so much context to considered.

Hate it when people use the term 'paki' shop. It's just stupid, just call it a shop. It is even more stupid the shop is owned by Turks........

I really hate that term and thankfully I have eradicated it from my kids over the years.

Back to the Porto thing the worse thing about the videos going around that some of them making the monkey chants are actually black themselves. As a black guy myself I find them shallow and self degrading.

bluecityboy said:
stony said:
SebastianBlue said:
I apologize if I offended you, though this was more a satire than a joke. I have expercienced racism on several fronts myself but still try to remember the only power it holds is that which I give, beyond that I have only so much control over other people thoughts and actions based on those thoughts.

I do apologize if it hurt you in some way.

I do have to ask, though, based on other comments you have made in this thread, do you really find my intentionally satirical/veiled commentary (similar to many anti-racism authors) to be racist? Just curious.

I think it was clear to most people that you were being satirical and attempting to highlight EUFA's lackadaisical approach to racism and combining it with the heavy handed approach Mario seems to get from officialdom.
I certainly didn't think you were being racist, didactic has misread your post completely.
I'm black and found no problem with your satire. I'd probably have written the same thing.

I am glad it did not offend you; I never intend to do that here or really anywhere.

I do hope didactic has a chance to respond, though, since I did seem to offend him and it helps to know more about why.

Re: Re: City to lodge UEFA complaint

SebastianBlue said:
bluecityboy said:
stony said:
I think it was clear to most people that you were being satirical and attempting to highlight EUFA's lackadaisical approach to racism and combining it with the heavy handed approach Mario seems to get from officialdom.
I certainly didn't think you were being racist, didactic has misread your post completely.
I'm black and found no problem with your satire. I'd probably have written the same thing.

I am glad it did not offend you; I never intend to do that here or really anywhere.

I do hope didactic has a chance to respond, though, since I did seem to offend him and it helps to know more about why.

Don't worry about didactic he'll be busy cracking one off over some tattooed skank

I am a red and all my City mates were supportive of Evra over that shithouse Suarez

With you 100% on this one no need for this racist shit it needs to be nipped in the bud its absolutely disgusting that it still goes on

Good luck with UEFA

Quite right Sapper. Evra should be abused only on the grounds of him being an absolute bellend, rather than the colour of his skin.

Stuuuuuu said:
Quite right Sapper. Evra should be abused only on the grounds of him being an absolute bellend, rather than the colour of his skin.

Funny mate no problem with the pisstake but we shouldnt make light of this stuff is trancends football rivalry

See below other stuff Balotelli has had to put up with

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/17/romania-italy-international-friendly-racism-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... acism-fans</a>

AustinBlue said:
Frank the Yank said:
salfordpaul said:
completely disagree, been to the usa many times and have heard "whites" use the word "******" in an overt nasty way many times. Live in England and haven t heard it here, thank god!! was it only 50 years ago you had apartheid????? in certain states??

many people who were around then during these times are still alive now!

pot, kettle!

anyway back on topic, disgracefull behaviour from porto, they won t be welcome in manchester if they start any of this next week

I guess we run in differemt circles. I cannot remember the last time I heard someone talk about a ****** that was white. I have heard the word ****** plenty of times though but they have always comes from black males.....

You cannot spend much time in the South or West Virginia, or with white southern Americans over the age of sixty. I swear, for some people in the States, they still don't know it's wrong to do it.

Hey AB I definitely know that, mate. Of course it happens in the US of A. I wouldnt be that sily to deny it. Having said that I lve in New York City and do travel around the country a lot-just dont hear it the circles in run in. The point I wanted to make s that I HAVE heard the word ****** quite a bit but its always from black males. That makes it OK then. Its "cultural"....what a load of bullshit.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.