City To Play Hamburg On 21st January In The UAE.

grim up north said:
bugsyblue said:
grim up north said:
No joke, it's warm weather training PR and a run around what's the problem

A number of things; a long haul round trip flight midweek (means we won't be training much on Tuesday or Thursday), a friendly match against another professional side which isn't warm weather training - it's going to have more of a competitive edge than training would.

One of our key players gets injured in this match and just wait for the meltdown on here!

They won't be flying Easy Jet. The friendly will be exactly what it says on the tin, a friendly training game The other team won't want injuries. Players get injured all the time in training so it doesn't really matter where they are.

This is just a other vehicle for somebody to have a moan

Personally i am a bit "meh" about it but if someone gets injured i will be pretty pissed off then.

It's now clear that this trip has basically cost us our place in the FA Cup this season. So can someone please enlighten me as to the reasoning behind the trip - is FFP to blame, or is it something our owners requested????

Johnsonontheleft said:
It's now clear that this trip has basically cost us our place in the FA Cup this season. So can someone please enlighten me as to the reasoning behind the trip - is FFP to blame, or is it something our owners requested????

This. The fuck up was the length of time spent in Abu Dhabi and our absent minded players who have forgotten that the game lasts for 90 minutes.

MEN.

Pellegrini-and-plane.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/poll-result-city-should-flown-8512236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... wn-8512236</a>

Johnsonontheleft said:

Don't agree. I thought we had more life and energy than in the Arsenal game so what was the reason for that dismal performance?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Don't agree. I thought we had more life and energy than in the Arsenal game so what was the reason for that dismal performance?
I don't remember us going to Abu Dhabi before the Newcastle game in the League Cup either, or before last years games against Watford or Wigan. It's a nice excuse though

This would be a great cop-out excuse for anyone wanting to mask terrible defensive tactics.

I wish someone would jet me off somewhere warm to get pampered all day with a kick about to boot in between, every time I needed a job to do. This is one of those saga's we get these days where people are scraping the barrel to find a stick to beat us with, nothing more.

Well played Boro BTW

We certainly did ourselves no favours returning last night. Always seemed like a bad decision, and one that has ultimately bitten us on the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.