City TV

Blue Lloyd said:
Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
Mine has suddenly gone slow and 'jerky' too. I have just had BT Infinity installed and I thought that was supposed to make things quicker. This is my first post - this subject prompted me to set up an account on here !

I'm also on BT and as I mentioned in my original post until recently it was fine. Crisp, fluent streaming without a moments hesitation. Now it's terrible. Can't help but wonder if the possibilities of this becoming a 'subscription service' may soon be with us due to our obvious advance in popularity?

I would have thought the subscription service would come in the form of an actual TV Channel similar to the likes of Chelski & Liverpool. I'd hazard a guess that would be the way they would go, especially if the new CEO is from a media/TV background as is being mooted.

I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure they may have switched video tech partners. I did notice a few changes around a month ago, but It could potentially be an updated platform from the same supplier.

What it seems to do is optimise on the fly for internet speed, so it flickers between renditions of the same videos. I have a crap usb modem and I've had HD quality, then flicker to average, and then poor, and then again to super poor. You can hear the audio quality change as well. I don't think many people would have the same issues but it's definitely different from before when it would assign a specific quality and then that's what you had, it would just take more time to buffer etc.

blueduff said:
Actually I've just updated my flash player and now it works fine. This is on Firefox. Maybe try downloading latest flash player update?
how do I do that I am on Firefox too and since going on the latest version lots of things are running slower or not at all cheers in advance

Hi guys,

Sorry you're experiencing problems with CityTV. It's something we're aware of and are looking to resolve with our service providers.

If you have any other site issues, feel free to flag them up to mcfcgeeks@mcfc.co.uk

Chris

Every now and agains it'll have a week where it's all pixelated and different colours. Then it'll be fine for four months or so. Strange.

Got the app on me phone and it's great.

Love the 'Inside City' videos, really good!

Love the Inside City as well. Just noticed the same thing when I logged on last night to watch the highlights v Stoke. Jerky a times and not nearly as clear as it used to be :-( hope they get it sorted!!

Fairly certain that it will be a short term glitch .

If I watch it on my desktop running windows XP then the video's are quite jumpy and sometimes they lag a bit , but when I use my laptop with windows seven there are no issues .

Steve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.