City U18's v Chelsea U18's @ CFA Saturday 5th March, 11 am KO

Tom Dele helped change the game too. Looks skillful

Sancho oozes class as well.

They have the talent. If they have the workrate and application they could become very, very good players

Typical City haha! I thought there can be a traditional comeback when it was 1-2 and 1-3 but I could hardly predict a 4-3! We just batered them out in the 2nd half and dominated on the field! Brahim Diaz indeed plays in a very similar way to Messi and a great talent. Can't wait for him to perform with the 1st team this summer.

Moving to other points, Wood and Nemane (and probably Brahim, but it seemed to me that he was rather shaded during the 1st half) were the only players who stood out in the 1st half. Really liked Marcus. Before this match, I hadn't realized that he was quite quick.

The deffence was shite and extremely uncondindent though, especially on the wings. Duhaney and Sarmiento should improve their positioning and work rate. But it's u18 level and they're 16-17 and improving is what they're expected to do in that age, so hopefully they'll really progress deffensively.

Last edited:
Typical City haha! I thought there can be a traditional comeback when it was 1-2 and 1-3 but I could hardly predict a 4-3! We just batered them out in the 2nd half and dominated on the field! Brahim Diaz indeed plays in a very similar way to Messi and a great talent. Can't wait for him to perform with the 1st team this summer.

Moving to other points, Wood and Nemane (and probably Brahim, but it seemed to me that he was rather shaded during the 1st half) were the only players who stood out in the 1st half. Really liked Marcus. Before this match, I hadn't realized that he was quite quick.

The deffence was shite and extremely uncondindent though, especially on the wings. Duhaney and Sarmiento should improve their positioning and work rate. But it's u18 level and they're 16-17 and improving is what they're expected to do in that age, so hopefully they'll really progress deffensively.

Think the mix of Wood and Patching was too similar in midfield in the first half, the team balance was much better with Tom and Brahim second half. I like Wood though, think he does a lot of things very well

Defensively Kigbu and Sarmiento really struggled, I thought. A lot of very basic defensive errors and caught out of position so much. They'll learn though, plenty of time yet. Clearly good footballers.

Sancho moves like Neymar, always impresses me

Nemene looks to have hit a bit of a brick wall with his development this season, Buckley seems to be getting more chances with the 21s now. Hope he can push on again

Thought Davenport gave us a great platform in the second half, Makalele like with the way he's so disciplined in there, we dont have many that can play that kind of role ahead of him so he's got a chance if he keeps developing

Think the mix of Wood and Patching was too similar in midfield in the first half, the team balance was much better with Tom and Brahim second half. I like Wood though, think he does a lot of things very well

Defensively Kigbu and Sarmiento really struggled, I thought. A lot of very basic defensive errors and caught out of position so much. They'll learn though, plenty of time yet. Clearly good footballers.

Sancho moves like Neymar, always impresses me

Nemene looks to have hit a bit of a brick wall with his development this season, Buckley seems to be getting more chances with the 21s now. Hope he can push on again

Thought Davenport gave us a great platform in the second half, Makalele like with the way he's so disciplined in there, we dont have many that can play that kind of role ahead of him so he's got a chance if he keeps developing
Yep, Davenport was definitely not out of the game. Think we'll be noticing him more and more times in the near future.

I wish City would stream some of these games, I can't get down to watch them live as often as I used to. Great to see Brahim continuing to turn it on as he goes through the age groups.

Commentator compared him to Cattermole.....I did laugh.

I understood what he meant though - he had a definite presence in midfield. Chelsea weren't going to do anything without having to get past him and he was a real nuisance every time they tried to attack he would either cut it out or slow it down until people got back.

Very effective. The reason why their striker got almost no ball in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.