***City v Arsenal Fa Youth Cup SF in-running***

Apparently we never win home legs in semi finals so its all to play for. I thought we were the better team in the first half and Arse in the second, they hit the woodwork 3 times while we huffed and puffed in the second but its not all over. the second leg should be a cracker.

Good effort the Blue Boys , nevertheless.

Having said that we defended too deep v newcastle 2 rounds ago and they came back at us big style.

the same nearly happened against Norwich in the 1/4 finals.

A lesson to be learnt here I would think.

This match was almost identical to the first team's agame against Aalborg last week. City totally dominant in the first half and should have been further in front and then unaccountably dropping deep in the second half and handing the initiative to the opposition. Unlike the Danes the Gooners were too good not to take advantage of it. The tie's definitely not over yet though, we can certainly turn them over if we play for 90 minutes. Nimely is a cracking prospect, I don't think he was 100% fit tonight but he still dragged their back four all over the place.

lancs blue said:
This match was almost identical to the first team's agame against Aalborg last week. City totally dominant in the first half and should have been further in front and then unaccountably dropping deep in the second half and handing the initiative to the opposition. Unlike the Danes the Gooners were too good not to take advantage of it. The tie's definitely not over yet though, we can certainly turn them over if we play for 90 minutes. Nimely is a cracking prospect, I don't think he was 100% fit tonight but he still dragged their back four all over the place.
Agree with you M8 the kids were clearly playing to instruction in the 2nd half I was sat behind Alex Gibson and co; who kept shouting Patience, Patience, when Arsenal were in possession.
A clear instruction with the intention to hit them on the break and a mistake I still think we can beat them at the Emirates 2 very good young teams.

Enjoyed the game last night, thought City bossed the first half but Arsenal did well in the 2nd as we tired. I was impressed with Nimley and the two centre halfs.

Couldn't believe how big and strong the Arsenal team were, but they also could pass the ball around well. Their number 11 looked like a basketball player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.