City v Bolton u18s Saturday 11am

twosips

Anyone know if this game is open to the public tomorrow morning? I'd really like to go.

twosips said:
Anyone know if this game is open to the public tomorrow morning? I'd really like to go.

A limited number of tickets are available on a 1st come 1st served basis.I think they said the West gate.

Not sure if they will have plenty for what isn't likely to be a big demand but equally I am not sure if turning up at 11am will be ok.

Planning to get there around 10.30

Book in at gate , get spectator I d card to put round your neck , let u in 15 mins before kick off , watch the security jobs worths , keep off the grass when u get in or get told off , team sheets at reception on the right as u go in as well as disabled toilet , nice plastic stand with seats on half way line so will not get wet , bit like a big smoking hut , behave your self felt like a school outing on weds when I went against wolves , take a flask in u want a brew not like yew tree rd ( platt lane) no cafe , as far as I could see refreshments for players family's and officials , city r we still a family club used to love going watching u 18 / u 16 at platt lane , need to be more spectator friendly ,

Sanern said:
Book in at gate , get spectator I d card to put round your neck , let u in 15 mins before kick off , watch the security jobs worths , keep off the grass when u get in or get told off , team sheets at reception on the right as u go in as well as disabled toilet , nice plastic stand with seats on half way line so will not get wet , bit like a big smoking hut , behave your self felt like a school outing on weds when I went against wolves , take a flask in u want a brew not like yew tree rd ( platt lane) no cafe , as far as I could see refreshments for players family's and officials , city r we still a family club used to love going watching u 18 / u 16 at platt lane , need to be more spectator friendly ,

I've put this through google translate numerous times and it still comes out as tripe

Drewmanc said:
Sanern said:

I've put this through google translate numerous times and it still comes out as tripe
Have you tried the Martian language option?

Drewmanc said:
Sanern said:

I've put this through me translate numerous times and it still comes out as tripe

It's false too. Just been and to be honest i thought it was a great, welcoming experience.

First bit, yes, book in at a gate, get a spectator card, fifteen minutes before kick off. It is what it is. Yeah keep off the new grass they're bedding in - fair enough. I liked the 'big smoking hut' - better than nowt. Kept me dry anyway. Pitch looked great too... the 'behave yourself' comment i dont really get. Isn't that just ya know, expected? What does that imply you can't do?

Half time they let us all go into a room to the right of the reception that had coffee and tea out for everyone and toilets too. They're definitely trying and i found it quite a novel experience. No complaints here, especially considering its all free and its a big complex. They ran out of milk for the tea stuff, mentioned it to one of the security blokes and he ran and got a new pint of milk for everyone. They were all polite and friendly too. It's a bigger operation and a bigger complex so it has to be a bit more regimented, but i still enjoyed the experience. The academy complex is hugely impressive and i felt proud to be a City fan looking at all that.

On to the game itself, we should have won that.

We were the better team but lacked a bit of cutting edge for most of it. First 60 mins were quiet. It seemed to change when we brought on Buckley on the right, switched Nemane over to the left and brought on Faour for Samuelson as a focal point. Garcia and Fernandes were quite bright and floated round that trio well and we started to look really dangerous in the last 25 minutes and we were unlucky not to win it.

Also witnessed one of the worst decisions i've ever seen in football. We scored, and the linesman was flagging - me and my dad were baffled by the linesman's call, to which some spanish bloke in front of us (no idea who he was, maybe a youth coach or sumat, but a nice bloke) turned to us and said maybe Faour was offside in the initial move....referee went over to the linesman to chat about it. We presumed he was either gonna give offside or a goal. Nah. Never that simple. He bafflingly gave City a freekick for something earlier outside the area! Never seen anything like it. He pulled back a goal for something that must have happened at least 10-15 seconds prior and that he had to go over to the lino to have clarified. He didnt even see the foul himself! Yet decided he'd rule the perfectly good goal out and go back and give a freekick.

Everyone was absolutely baffled. Ah well.

Good game though and i enjoyed the experience of my first u18s game. Well worth getting out of bed before (parked in Asda and it was fine, they're not as regimented earlier on on game days) and i'll go again definitely. Buckley was much, much better than Dilrosun when he came on in my opinion. Ran with purpose and got the game exciting. Garcia was lovely throughout and nearly scored an absolute wonder goal from about 45 years, dispossessing someone in midfield and trying to float the ball over the keeper from just inside the oppo's half. He beat the keeper too, but beat the post as well unfortunately.

twosips said:
Drewmanc said:
Sanern said:

I've put this through me translate numerous times and it still comes out as tripe

It's false too. Just been and to be honest i thought it was a great, welcoming experience.

First bit, yes, book in at a gate, get a spectator card, fifteen minutes before kick off. It is what it is. Yeah keep off the new grass they're bedding in - fair enough. I liked the 'big smoking hut' - better than nowt. Kept me dry anyway. Pitch looked great too... the 'behave yourself' comment i dont really get. Isn't that just ya know, expected? What does that imply you can't do?

Half time they let us all go into a room to the right of the reception that had coffee and tea out for everyone and toilets too. They're definitely trying and i found it quite a novel experience. No complaints here, especially considering its all free and its a big complex. They ran out of milk for the tea stuff, mentioned it to one of the security blokes and he ran and got a new pint of milk for everyone. They were all polite and friendly too. It's a bigger operation and a bigger complex so it has to be a bit more regimented, but i still enjoyed the experience. The academy complex is hugely impressive and i felt proud to be a City fan looking at all that.

On to the game itself, we should have won that.

We were the better team but lacked a bit of cutting edge for most of it. First 60 mins were quiet. It seemed to change when we brought on Buckley on the right, switched Nemane over to the left and brought on Faour for Samuelson as a focal point. Garcia and Fernandes were quite bright and floated round that trio well and we started to look really dangerous in the last 25 minutes and we were unlucky not to win it.

Also witnessed one of the worst decisions i've ever seen in football. We scored, and the linesman was flagging - me and my dad were baffled by the linesman's call, to which some spanish bloke in front of us (no idea who he was, maybe a youth coach or sumat, but a nice bloke) turned to us and said maybe Faour was offside in the initial move....referee went over to the linesman to chat about it. We presumed he was either gonna give offside or a goal. Nah. Never that simple. He bafflingly gave City a freekick for something earlier outside the area! Never seen anything like it. He pulled back a goal for something that must have happened at least 10-15 seconds prior and that he had to go over to the lino to have clarified. He didnt even see the foul himself! Yet decided he'd rule the perfectly good goal out and go back and give a freekick.

Everyone was absolutely baffled. Ah well.

Good game though and i enjoyed the experience of my first u18s game. Well worth getting out of bed before (parked in Asda and it was fine, they're not as regimented earlier on on game days) and i'll go again definitely. Buckley was much, much better than Dilrosun when he came on in my opinion. Ran with purpose and got the game exciting. Garcia was lovely throughout and nearly scored an absolute wonder goal from about 45 years, dispossessing someone in midfield and trying to float the ball over the keeper from just inside the oppo's half. He beat the keeper too, but beat the post as well unfortunately.

Good summary. Didn't know about the tea bit at half time so will go for that next time.

Game was sort of ok and we should have won as we were much the better side but somehow I never thought we would score.It did improve when the subs came on as the experiment of Fernandez down the middle wasn't working.Nemane was the main threat for much of the time but his crosses were to nobody.

That disallowed goal was weird wasn't it as I am sure the ref gave offside when he saw the flag up.Then because it stayed up he changed it to the free kick rather than give the goal.Nice finish it was too from Garcia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.