City v Bristol City Women 15 Oct 23 KO 1pm

Managed to have a watch of some of the second half at work.

Was it me or were all the goals headed??

Secondly, it looked, finally, like the women were playing to the City Group philosophy.

It made me think wtf was Taylor doing for the last couple of years??!

The women looked VERY good, especially if they can hold Chelsea to a draw (didn't see the game, unfortunately) in the previous game, it bodes well for the upcoming season.

But, with a heavy heart, that might mean it keeps Taylor in a job...

Secondly, it looked, finally, like the women were playing to the City Group philosophy.

The women looked VERY good, especially if they can hold Chelsea to a draw (didn't see the game, unfortunately) in the previous game, it bodes well for the upcoming season.

I haven't seen it (don't subscribe to the app) but the recent Rise documentary on City+ seems to focus a lot on the togetherness of the group as it is now (and with just 1 addition it's pretty much the same as last year). I'm wondering if things weren't quite so harmonius over the preceding few years and that's why we allowed so many important players to leave all at the same time. It may have made last year a transitional one but if it leads to success then we can surely accept that.

Some more supposition from me is that with Taylor getting just a 1 year contract extension it feels like City saying to him that this is now his team so go out and prove that you deserve the position. And much as it galls me to say it, would he not deserve it if this is a successful season in some form or other?

I haven't seen it (don't subscribe to the app) but the recent Rise documentary on City+ seems to focus a lot on the togetherness of the group as it is now (and with just 1 addition it's pretty much the same as last year). I'm wondering if things weren't quite so harmonius over the preceding few years and that's why we allowed so many important players to leave all at the same time. It may have made last year a transitional one but if it leads to success then we can surely accept that.

Some more supposition from me is that with Taylor getting just a 1 year contract extension it feels like City saying to him that this is now his team so go out and prove that you deserve the position. And much as it galls me to say it, would he not deserve it if this is a successful season in some form or other?

Taylor is like dry toast with no butter which you'll force yourself to swallow, but not without feeling shit about it.

I haven't seen 'Rise' and I think the harmony in the squad might be true (leftovers from the Cushing era), but it also seemed like unable to adhere to the City philosophy. I seemed to watch many playing their own game, which is why it seemed so disjointed.

So, in conclusion, it's probably a mixture of the two.

Either way, I like what I saw of the game yesterday.

I'm wondering if things weren't quite so harmonius over the preceding few years and that's why we allowed so many important players to leave all at the same time.
I don't doubt it, Taylor was always quickly blamed on here, but the players were just as guilty, some seemed to play "their" way, not the teams way, and he has now built a team the way he wants it. We've also had a lot of injuries, some to players only recently brought in, then not available.

It's early days, and whilst very encouraging (particularly with only 10 (eventually 9) against chelsea), they barely laid a glove on us, and but for the aberation in black, we should actually have 9 from 3 games.

Taylor is like dry toast with no butter which you'll force yourself to swallow, but not without feeling shit about it.

I haven't seen 'Rise' and I think the harmony in the squad might be true (leftovers from the Cushing era), but it also seemed like unable to adhere to the City philosophy. I seemed to watch many playing their own game, which is why it seemed so disjointed.

So, in conclusion, it's probably a mixture of the two.

Either way, I like what I saw of the game yesterday.

A ton of changes last year, this year just one new signing in Roord, and she look exactly what we've needed. Fowler's a year older and looking class too.

Meanwhile the other sides seem to be signing a load of players and will have the issues we had last season, trying to get some to adapt and also a struggle to work out their best teams.

We can do well this season. I'm confident we'll get top 3, and it should be pretty close at the top.

It's early days, and whilst very encouraging (particularly with only 10 (eventually 9) against chelsea), they barely laid a glove on us, and but for the aberation in black, we should actually have 9 from 3 games.
Do we know if the referee received any sanctions for her scandalous performance?
Edit: I see on another thread: "Referee Emily Heaslip has been dropped from refereeing a WSL game this weekend"

At the risk of everyone thinking "here he goes again"...

That's my main gripe with the women's team (aimed more at the higher-ups, cos I'm convinced Taylor's been told to play the 'city' way)....WHY? play to your strengths, surely?

They've been attempting to play that way for years, pretty unsuccessfully. We've at times wasted one of the best players in the women's game in Hemp, who's game is based on being direct and running at players. Fair enough they've finally started to bring in (and bring through) players who are comfortable in playing that way, particularly Hasegawa who's very neat and tidy in possession and Fowler looks capable...so it might finally start to pay off, but we need more players like that!

However without looking at the stats, for all city's possession (the heat map must have looked like a rainbow around Bristol's box) all the goals came from a simple cross into the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.