Pre-Season Friendly | City v Club America

It's an interesting idea, but the club is trying to grow in areas with high capital spending.

Increase foreign TV deals and merchandise sales.

From my research:

African PL TV deal - £168 Million
USA PL TV deal - £2 Billion

Clubs work together to increase their collective revenues, ie playing Liverpool, Bayern, and United in pre-season friendlies.

I know that, I am speaking as a fan not a corperate entity, I mean who wants to go Houston when you could visit say The Estadio Alverto J Armando or the Maracana.

As I said Club America in Texas or the Azteca ? What would you prefer

Last edited:
I know that, I am speaking as a fan not a corperate entity, I mean who wants to go Houston when you could visit say The Estadio Alverto J Armando or the Maracana.

Fair enough, I see your point.

I always thought off instead off having a champions league, it was the winners from leagues around the world.

Based on qualifying as well, an actual club world cup.

It would be some tournament.

I know that, I am speaking as a fan not a corperate entity, I mean who want to go Houston when you could visit say The Estadio Alverto J Armando or the Maracana.

You may as well stop explaining something that didn't need explaining in the first place or it will just continue into the night lol

If you mean me, I ain't moaning about the club, they are tied to doing pre seasons where all other elite clubs are going, it is a necessary endevour.

I am saying all the clubs are predictable with the destinations, as I said would be great to see bayern, juve, us and someone else in a mini pre season tournament, but why not Africa or south america for a change.

At least the club america game could have been at the Azteca

Wasn’t particularly you mate. Absolutely fantastic idea that they should play in Azteca but we seemingly want to grow our support and our name in the US.

Doesn’t the season start earlier this year and if we are involved the CS won’t be at Wembley due to Euro’s (Ladies)

Still potentially in London though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.