City v England

davymcfc said:
England would get absolutely shat on. Club football has completely overtaken international football. The only international team better than all club teams is Spain.

And Spain's team is, more or less, a club (Barcelona) team. With the odd exception or two, of course.

Vienna_70 said:
davymcfc said:
England would get absolutely shat on. Club football has completely overtaken international football. The only international team better than all club teams is Spain.

And Spain's team is, more or less, a club (Barcelona) team. With the odd exception or two, of course.
Exactly. I suppose Spain and Barca would probably draw although Spain have the magician silva in the team as well. Both teams very easy on the eye. All other international teams seem to be poor these days.

SWP's back said:
davymcfc said:
Barca > Spain

Debatable though. Spain's defence is much more balanced than Barcelona's.

alky313 said:
SWP's back said:
davymcfc said:
Barca > Spain

Debatable though. Spain's defence is much more balanced than Barcelona's.
Messi would make the difference (and Sanchez)

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
This might have been done before, not sure but if City were to play the England team, who would win, and would it be close?

Obviously we'd keep Hart, Richards, Lescott, Barry, Johnson and Milner (and Hargreaves)

So if an England team played us they would probably look a bit like this:

............................................Scott Carson

Kyle Walker...............Camel..........................Cahill..................Cole

.....Young..................Parker .....................Gerrard..............Downing

....................................Shrek................Bent/Welbeck................................

Who's your money on?
If England had first pick on our English internationals though we could be in the Shit.

squirtyflower said:
Damocles said:
We'd twat that team about 8-0.

I can't believe how poor of a crop of players that England currently have compared to the sense of enthusiasm for them winning the Euros. It's like all of the journos from Norwich getting really excited about them winning the league.
i think you've forgotten one important point here

with King 'Arry as manager we shall sweep all before us

True! The team ain't gonna set the world on fire but 'Arry can walk on water. Just wait till they have the Euros on the North Sea!

England don't play as a team often enough and City are a team of internationals playing some 50-60 matches by the end of this season.

No contest, City would wipe the floor...

And yeah, it would be amusing to replace charity shield with prem winners vs England...

Ricster said:
I'd prefer to see this fixture in place of the Community Shield. The PL winners vs the National Team.

I'd prefer to see Premier League winners versus an all star premier league team voted for by the managers of the other premier league teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.