City v Everton... Man 4 Man.

Blue Coop

I have seen a similar thread with Arsenal but with the recent flock of Bin dipper fans onto the site we may as well start some sort of debate. Everton have finished 5th the last 2 seasons and are predicted to finish strongly again this year, but how does our new look team line up against theres? I will include Robinho in an attacking midfielder role to counter out the 4-4-2 formation for Everton. Also, if an Everton fan or City fan more knowledged about everton would be inclined to fill in the gaps. :)

Goalkeeper

Given v Howard

Defence

Zabeletta v Hibbert
Toure v Jagielka
Kompany v Lescott
Bridge v Baines

Midfield

De Jong v Osman
Barry v Fellani
Ireland v Cahill
Robinho v Arteta

Strikers

Adebayor v Jo
Tevez v Yakubu

Blue Coop said:
I have seen a similar thread with Arsenal but with the recent flock of Bin dipper fans onto the site we may as well start some sort of debate. Everton have finished 5th the last 2 seasons and are predicted to finish strongly again this year, but how does our new look team line up against theres? I will include Robinho in an attacking midfielder role to counter out the 4-4-2 formation for Everton. Also, if an Everton fan or City fan more knowledged about everton would be inclined to fill in the gaps. :)

Goalkeeper

Given v Howard

Defence

Zabeletta v [Right Back]
Toure v Jagielka
Kompany v Lescott
Bridge v Baines

Midfield

De Jong v Osman
Barry v Fellani
Ireland v Cahill
Robinho v Arteta

Strikers

Adebayor v Jo
Tevez v Yakubu

why encourage them? Also how is this relevant as a transfer thread?

BringBackSwales said:
Blue Coop said:

Goalkeeper

Given v Howard

Defence

Zabeletta v [Right Back]
Toure v Jagielka
Kompany v Lescott
Bridge v Baines

Midfield

De Jong v Osman
Barry v Fellani
Ireland v Cahill
Robinho v Arteta

Strikers

Adebayor v Jo
Tevez v Yakubu

why encourage them? Also how is this relevant as a transfer thread?

If they are going to come, atleast give them something to debate rather than spouting out crap.

Even the most blinkered Everton fan would struggle to disagree that we're better in most areas, but we have to hope that the new tem knit together well and produce the goods.

I hope we're in a position this time next year where we only need to make 1 or 2 signings and get some consistency in the squad. This is a period we have to go through first though, and I'm certainly not complaining!! :)

Given v Howard

Defence

Toure v Jagielka = Jagielka
Kompany v Lescott = Even
Bridge v Baines = Baines last season, Bridge this.

Midfield

De Jong v Osman = De Jong
Barry v Fellani = Barry
Ireland v Cahill = Ireland
Robinho v Arteta = Robinho

Strikers

Adebayor v Jo = Adebayor
Tevez v Yakubu = Tevez

Everton are a solid side though and well drilled. What's written on paper means nothing if we aren't going to be a cohesive unit this upcoming season.

Everton's first choice right back is hibbert, but most everton fans concur he is shite to an such extend alan hutton is a feasible target

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.