City v Everton... Man 4 Man.

From what i heard man city a getting a brand new solid oak one so i think citys bench is better!lol

moomba said:
Moyes vs Hughes?

Would be intresting that.

Hughesy's 3 years at Blackburn v's Moyes 1st 3 years at Everton.

He's only been here a year, how the fuck can you can compare that? Don't start with all that shit Moyes took Everton to 7th(or whatever) in his first season.

Our squad without any doubt much stroger than Everton, we will finish ahead of them IMO.

---------------Given--------------

Richards---Toure---Kompany--Bridge

------Ireland---De Jong---Barry----

--Tevez----Adebayor----Robinho--

Subs :

Taylor--Zabs--Nedum--Petrov--SWP--RSC--Bellamy

-------------Howard-----------

Hibbert--Yobo--Lescott--Baines

Arteta--Cahill--Pienaar--Fellaini

--------Yakubu--Louis Saha------

Subs

Nash, Jagielka (out for season) Neville, JO (City player !) Osman, Vaughan, Rodwell, Dan Gosling

Head to Head :

Starting 11

Given VS Howard - CITY

Richards VS Hibbert - CITY

Toure VS Yobo - CITY

Kompany VS Lescott - EVERTON

Bridge VS Baines - CITY

Tevez VS Arteta - CITY

Ireland VS Cahill - CITY

Fellaini VS De Jong - EVERTON

Barry VS Pienaar - CITY

Adebayor VS Yakubu - CITY

Robinho VS Saha - CITY

CITY WIN 9 - 2

Subs :

Taylor (or Hart) VS Nash - CITY

Nedum VS Jagielka (out for season) - EVERTON

Zabs VS Neville - CITY

RSC VS JO (City player !) - CITY

Petrov VS Osman - CITY

Bellamy VS Vaughan - CITY

SWP VS Rodwell - CITY

CITY WIN 6 - 1 (And the one everton point is out for the season)

This is an honest accessment, then we have to start going into the fact that Saha - career finished always injured, Yakubu and Arteta comming back from career threatening injuries, Cahill has injury problems, Jagielka out for season, Vaughan has serious injury problems, Pienaar stalling on a new contract etc etc etc.....

Everton are actualy quite fragile and a very average a workman like team when it comes down to it !

Shooter 83 said:
moomba said:
Moyes vs Hughes?

Would be intresting that.

Hughesy's 3 years at Blackburn v's Moyes 1st 3 years at Everton.

He's only been here a year, how the fuck can you can compare that? Don't start with all that shit Moyes took Everton to 7th(or whatever) in his first season.

IMO what Moyes does every year on their budget is nothing short of incredible. All we need is consistency and with no European football this year I don't think I'm expecting too much in wanting to see that.

Blue Coop said:
I have seen a similar thread with Arsenal but with the recent flock of Bin dipper fans onto the site we may as well start some sort of debate. Everton have finished 5th the last 2 seasons and are predicted to finish strongly again this year, but how does our new look team line up against theres? I will include Robinho in an attacking midfielder role to counter out the 4-4-2 formation for Everton. Also, if an Everton fan or City fan more knowledged about everton would be inclined to fill in the gaps. :)

Goalkeeper

Given v Howard

Defence

Zabeletta v Hibbert
Toure v Jagielka
Kompany v Lescott
Bridge v Baines

Midfield

De Jong v Osman
Barry v Fellani
Ireland v Cahill
Robinho v Arteta

Strikers

Adebayor v Jo
Tevez v Yakubu

Are you forgetting the wonderful Pienaar in this team ?

We have 2 positions to resolve in Osman and Hibbert .
The right side isn't working as well as we need , but otherwise , I see both sides quite well matched , with City stronger in depth .

When all fit , our defence is still one of the best in the Prem , ( don't forget Yobo ) so we have an edge there , especially if we get Hibbert playing better or replace .

Midfield , there isn't much in it if we can get a replacement for Osman , with only Robinho giving you a slight edge . Rodwell is potentially very good , but may move to defence as the seasons pass .

Striker wise , noone can argue with Yakubu , and Jo is yet to prove himself , though Saha is still quality when fit .

What keeps us competetive against your squad is our experience and management .

The transfer window is still open though remember , so we might just bring a few rabbits out of the hat .

Shooter 83 said:

I never said who would have won the comparison, just that any comparison between sides should include the managers as they have a significant influence on results.

Still the oversensitivity of your reply and your reluctance to compare the two as match day influences speaks volumes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.