City v Fulham pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Fulham are likely to be buoyed by their recent run of form, and Lewis Holtby has refreshed an incredibly stagnant team. But there's a reason they're bottom of the table and a reason why the title race is in our hands. One of those reasons is suspended, and the other is just coming back from injury, but there's no reason why we shouldn't win this. Despite my concerns, it's likely to be a comfortable home win, and I can't imagine many Fulham fans are expecting anything from this game.

Play your strongest team and rest players when the game is won.

Hart
Zabaleta - Javi Garcia - Demichelis - Kolarov
Navas - Yaya Toure - Fernandinho - Silva
Nasri
Dzeko

That means we get to rest Kompany, Kolarov, Jovetic, Negredo, Aguero and Lescott for the derby.

Prediction: 4-0.
Yeah, their form has been incredible lately, two wins so far this year...

NoahCity said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Fulham are likely to be buoyed by their recent run of form, and Lewis Holtby has refreshed an incredibly stagnant team. But there's a reason they're bottom of the table and a reason why the title race is in our hands. One of those reasons is suspended, and the other is just coming back from injury, but there's no reason why we shouldn't win this. Despite my concerns, it's likely to be a comfortable home win, and I can't imagine many Fulham fans are expecting anything from this game.

Play your strongest team and rest players when the game is won.

Hart
Zabaleta - Javi Garcia - Demichelis - Kolarov
Navas - Yaya Toure - Fernandinho - Silva
Nasri
Dzeko

That means we get to rest Kompany, Kolarov, Jovetic, Negredo, Aguero and Lescott for the derby.

Prediction: 4-0.
Yeah, their form has been incredible lately, two wins so far this year...
I meant very recent, as in the win over Newcastle.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pee dubya said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Ok if you're all happy to run him into the ground. Then don't come on here moaning about how Yaya hasn't done this and that.
Any professional footballer should be able to play 11 games in 8 weeks.

It's not just the games coming up it's been a long hard season. I just thought he looked fucked when he came off
last Saturday. For those saying we cop for it when we rest. I'm on about 1 player not 5 or 6 changes.

-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:09 pm --

blue b4 the moon said:
With Komps and possibly Kun out only a fool would want to weaken us further by resting players.

We're playing a real game on Saturday its not Football Manager.

Strongest possible side then IF clear in the second half make some tactical changes.

Make your point. No need to be insulting by calling me a fool.

Don't be so touchy. The fool comment wasn't made directly to anyone.

I can't be arsed tracking back through the thread but I'm pretty sure that there was more than just you using that line.

Van Persie will undergo scans today, they say its seems to not be serius. But he should be out for the derby.

FantasyIreland said:
asplund2 said:
Van Persie will undergo scans today, they say its seems to not be serius. But he should be out for the derby.

I would be astonished if he doesn't make the derby.

I would have thought they would be prepared to sacrifice him in the derby if it meant getting him fit for their CL QF

BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:
asplund2 said:

I would have thought they would be prepared to sacrifice him in the derby if it meant getting him fit for their CL QF

I stand to be corrected but i don't think there is anything wrong with him,it was simply running the clock down IMO.

FantasyIreland said:
asplund2 said:

Who gives a fuck.. !!
I didn't watch all the game, but what I saw " was a shit standard of football"..
Yes anything can happen in a 1 off game..
But really guys.. This isn't old utd v the old city..
This is a city now against a fucked up club who are hanging on to everything they hold dear...
That shower are not in our league at the moment.. Vinnie will sort fat boy granny shagger out again.. End of.. !!

I would play Jovetic and have him run at the Fulham defense. He has a mean long shot as well. However he does lose the ball often which can spur a few counter attacks. That said its been a while since we have done it the easy way and hopefully Saturday will be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.