City v Napoli Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a look at those traning photos, no need to worry. First CL game, what more motivation do you want?

4-1, because we start the traning mode in 70 till 75 min so napoli will get one.

1:0 Dzeko, Aguero 2:0 3:0, Hamsik 3:1, Tevez 4:1

Could we have loaned Balotelli to Birmingham when he had his knee injury for a 8 days or whatever, subsidizing all of his wages, so he could use up his ban on their Europa qualifiers and just pay them some little thankyou fee.

Also cant post new threads but who do we reckon will be the top scorer in our group across all the matches? Some seriously good forwards with Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero, Balo, Rossi, Nilmar, Levezzi, Cavani, Gomez, Robben.

balkanno said:
Took a look at those traning photos, no need to worry. First CL game, what more motivation do you want?

4-1, because we start the traning mode in 70 till 75 min so napoli will get one.

1:0 Dzeko, Aguero 2:0 3:0, Hamsik 3:1, Tevez 4:1

I hope not. Would be a good way to send a message to Europe, by being completely relentless the ENTIRE game. This is CL, not Carling Cup. As much as I respect Napoli we should have no problem with them.

5-0 us.

Comrade Buka said:
I hope not. Would be a good way to send a message to Europe, by being completely relentless the ENTIRE game. This is CL, not Carling Cup. As much as I respect Napoli we should have no problem with them.
5-0 us.
What an arrogant ponce. Of course you disrespect Napoli if you honestly think we will win 5-0. Personally I would be very happy indeed with a 2-0 win.

This should be much more difficult than any of our league matches so far.

I remember a snippet from an interview with David Silva, saying he finds it easy playing in England because teams press so much, it leaves space in behind to exploit. I imagine the same applies with the likes of Aguero and Nasri. Lesser players struggle when pressed, and perform better when given time, but not players of their quality.

Napoli i think won't leave themselves so exposed as Spurs, Wigan and Swansea did, they will sit back and defend the space like we have so often under Mancini (very effectively) and hit us on the counter.

An early goal would be brilliant, otherwise i think we will have to be patient.

Wrong, Napoli just played one game in Serie A. Same as playing at Spurs, if we get our first chances in, this will be a easy one. If Napoli (what i doubt) can hold against the Ball with their last-3-line nd follow our, then i guess it will a problematic Match.

pee dubya said:
This should be much more difficult than any of our league matches so far.

I remember a snippet from an interview with David Silva, saying he finds it easy playing in England because teams press so much, it leaves space in behind to exploit. I imagine the same applies with the likes of Aguero and Nasri. Lesser players struggle when pressed, and perform better when given time, but not players of their quality.

Napoli i think won't leave themselves so exposed as Spurs, Wigan and Swansea did, they will sit back and defend the space like we have so often under Mancini (very effectively) and hit us on the counter.

An early goal would be brilliant, otherwise i think we will have to be patient.

This. Fair comment mate however Napoli play very open football.. not many teams play 3-5-2 formation. They may come accross as a defensive side but with 2 main defenders, that is very exposed to our strikers... I can see a lot of football being played in the middle of the pitch tonight and eventually seeing glimses of hope of a goal...Napoli are going into this like a final, I say do the same and go all out on them. Would be great if we got a big win, fingers crossed!

Nervous.

The game is more or less 8 hours away and already the nerves are kicking in. The stomach is churning and I'm thinking about all the scenarios. I feel anxious and I cannot make my mind up about the result I am expecting tonight. I know they have fantastic players like Marek Hamsik, Edison Cavani & Ezekiel Lavezzi but I am unsure what they are like in defence.

I'm hoping our firepower and build up play is too much for them, but something is telling me to expect defeat tonight. Napoli aren't a side to be underestimated despite them making their debut and having to qualify for entry to this competition prior to this match.

Am I alone in not feeling entirely confident about tonight?

lionheart said:
Comrade Buka said:
5-0 us.
What an arrogant ponce. Of course you disrespect Napoli if you honestly think we will win 5-0. Personally I would be very happy indeed with a 2-0 win.

It's obvious you are a beacon of class and humility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.