City v Napoli Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what Mr. Roberto is trying to do :-)

Go defensive in the back (Zab over Richards and Kolarov over Clichy) - so that front 4 (and isnt that SOME front four) have more freedom to do their thing.

I like it. I like it a lot.

EaglesFan said:
I see what Mr. Roberto is trying to do :-)

Go defensive in the back (Zab over Richards and Kolarov over Clichy) - so that front 4 (and isnt that SOME front four) have more freedom to do their thing.

I like it. I like it a lot.

That would be my reasoning. Napoli have fantastic attackers so the more defensive options are great to counter them but leave the front four to dry hump their defence.

See my thing against rotation is doing it this EARLY in the season.

I dont think there is need for that much rotation (in any team) as most these guys are just heating up.

I love the lineup though.

I worry a little about Kolarov vs Zuniga and Lavezzi on that side, both play high energy and are very quick with low centres of gravity, Kolarov isn't the most agile, Barry maybe isn't 100% fit and Lescott isn't the most agile either, we're going to have to be careful down there.

Their weakness is definitely a lack of pace in defence, our front 4 should be able to exploit that, and Zab will take care of Dossena no problem on the right.

alky313 said:
Mancini continues to rotate the fullbacks. If it works he is a genius. Bench?

Bench: Pantilimon, Richards, Savic, Clichy, Kolo Toure, A. Johnson, Tevez

d9ab8146-ea09-3fca.jpg

We ARE really here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.