City v Reading

Well deserved win I thought but it was certainly looking dodgy when Reading went one up when Tosin gifted them possession on the half way line.

Reading are a big outfit with a few little guys thrown in but City went into this with Celina up front and Bytyqi and Barker as the wide players in a front 3. Not a great first half but as ever the real reading threats came from City overplaying as they pressed quite high knowing that's what we do.Our threats came from the wide areas with Barker and Smith-Brown teaming up well but the final ball wasn't perfect enough. Same from Bytyqi who had the beating of his full back ( Shane Long's brother) but couldnt quite find a City player.

Their keeper made one great save from a Glendon shot and then had to save a Celina penalty but I think I could have saved is as well. Great work from Bytyqi to win the pen. I thought we started the 2nd half with a bit more zip in the game and looked really threatening but it was Reading who scored with their breakaway.We kept pressing and it was Smith -Brown who scores with an excellent 20 yarder. Good reward for Ash as he had been having a reall good game already.

The Garcia goal was even better and from further out with a superb volley over the keeper. Out of nothing really but great to see he has that ability in his game.The final goal as we were seeing the game out quite well came from great persistence from Kongolo who won the ball on the right touchline just got in fron of a defender and was clear to run in on goal with Celina central. It's never that easy to make the killer pass even with only one defender making it difficult but he found Celina who's first touch wasnt perfect but good enough for his 2nd to find the back of the net.

Nice to get a win after recent games. A few signs that Barker is getting his confidence back although still short for me of what we saw a year or so back.

Nice to get a win after recent games. A few signs that Barker is getting his confidence back although still short for me of what we saw a year or so back.

Saw him v EFC and just wondered where he'd been and what had happened. Ghost of Barker from last season, but in the second half he started running at defenders and twisting them inside out like he used to. Good to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.