City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come onnnnnnnnn!!!!

image_zpswzrxmdim.jpeg

Expecting a tight game with either team taking a one goal lead into the second leg but there is a little pieces of me hidden deep down that thinks tonight just may be the night that we really stamp our name in europe, I think something extra ordinary is going to happen tonight and it will be in our favour.

BT have destroyed the CL by monopolising it. My local only has BT sport one and these cunts decide to put their premier tournament on another channel which you have to pay double for in a pub.

Which is why I will not give these twats a single penny of my money.

This is it, Champions league semi- finals. Every body should be fired up for this- the players, the folks in the stadium especially, and every supporter. Today is a great night that everyone should cherish but the great thing is that this will be the first of a perpetually.

First thing, No Ronaldo, Yay! but they will still be potent and our players should not think things will be easier.

Second, Yaya Toure's absence. We would have really used him for a game like this- someone that is confident and assured to take possession of the ball, dictate play and compete with the likes of Modric and Kroos in terms of possession and attacking/ passing quality. I would have started Yaya if he was fit in a 433/4321 formation. The impetus and responsibility will now be on De Bruyne to drop deep occasionally and try and maintain possession of the ball. Fernandinho will do a good job in that respect but he needs help in that midfield. Today will be about imposing ourselves on the opposition with bravery and assurance and the players must be ready to take possession of the ball and move it about.

Thirdly,a curious decision to leave Mangala out as he had began to settle and actually lead that backline . Otamendi has experience so him and Kompany should be able to handle things but should not dive into tackles( I will include Fernando as well), especially in front of the 18 yard box. This is a big game for big game players and Kompany is the epitome of that.

And finally, this is a football game and as I have said, there are no underdogs at the stage. It is about moments- a referee decision there, a missed chance here, a moment of brilliance there, a clinical finish here. It is about moments and in the mist of the randomness of sport all we can demand from the players is that they do their best, work hard, together, and seize the moment.

come on City!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.