City V Spurs 1900hrs 30/04

This is the crux of it all. Where to send them? You still want the lads to have very good careers even if it’s not at City.
There are some clubs out there who play decent stuff. Look at how well Morgan Rogers is doing at Lincoln. Most of the Championship woild be interested in Delap, T Doyle, Palmer, McAtee etc. I would avoid basket cases like Derby and Stoke and instead look at the likes of Brentford, Swansea, Barnsley. Innovative young coaches who play decent stuff.
I could even see the first two doing OK on loan at decent lower half PL footballing sides like Brighton or Norwich.
If they want to learn about pressure and playing most games against massed defences then Celtic is always an option, we have loaned them several players over the years and our youth-set ups have fairly long standing links.
As long as they don’t go to the Graveyard of Young City Talent that is Girona FC then its all good

There are some clubs out there who play decent stuff. Look at how well Morgan Rogers is doing at Lincoln. Most of the Championship woild be interested in Delap, T Doyle, Palmer, McAtee etc. I would avoid basket cases like Derby and Stoke and instead look at the likes of Brentford, Swansea, Barnsley. Innovative young coaches who play decent stuff.
I could even see the first two doing OK on loan at decent lower half PL footballing sides like Brighton or Norwich.
If they want to learn about pressure and playing most games against massed defences then Celtic is always an option, we have loaned them several players over the years and our youth-set ups have fairly long standing links.
As long as they don’t go to the Graveyard of Young City Talent that is Girona FC then its all good

Anywhere other than Girona please. That you’re right about. You made very good points. There are good young coaches at very decent teams in the championship.

Sometimes I can understand why City send some of the lads to different corners of Europe. I’m assuming they want the lads to play in an environment that value technique and utilisation of the ball; less of route one stuff.

Nonetheless, there are some good clubs in England they can play for. Some of the lads definitely need new challenges. Ultimately, it’s all down to how the club want their development to go. All I know is, it’ll be criminal if a host of them don’t become part of the City first team in future.

Last edited:
Great to see the lads enjoying the trophy presentation even in an empty stadium.

Hopefully when we are allowed back in the stadium they can be presented to a full crowd during a first team game.

I guess some may have moved on by then though :(

Great season from them and the staff - this holistic stuff makes sense!

Anywhere other than Girona please. That you’re right about. You made very good points. There are good young coaches at very decent teams in the championship.

Sometimes I can understand why City send some of the lads to different corners of Europe. I’m assuming they want the lads to play in an environment that value technique and utilisation of the all; less of route one stuff.

Nonetheless, there are some good clubs in England they can play for. Some of the lads definitely need new challenges. Ultimately, it’s all down to how the club want their development to go. All I know is, it’ll be criminal if a host of them don’t become part not the City first team in future.
Agree 100%, so much talent in this group

We really need to give some first team game time to a few of these lads, when the league is wrapped up obviously. Doyle and Palmer are the two I'd like to see the most, they can't be too far off now.

Could not watch the game, but it seems that management has a tough job on hand. Lot of these youngsters in need of a playing against men next season, as others have pointed out. Likes of Doyle, Delap have outgrown this level. Bigger challenges needed for those already out on loan, like THB and Rogers. Some impressive talents like Couto as well. CFG French and Belgian clubs and Kompany at Anderlecht may help to an extend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.