City v Spurs Post Match Thread

Just sat through the Sky replay, I think because we scored so quickly it changed their plan, but as many have said, an odd game, we could easily have scored 10, certainly should have had 8, but that's being greedy. We played some very good football with some very well worked goals. Such exciting football, that we looked like scoring nearly every time we got near their goal. After a couple of shaky moments after we took the lead, we defended well.

Pantillimon 7
Clichy 7
Demichellis 7
Nastasic 6
Zaba 8
Navas 8
Yaya 6
Fernandihno 9
Nasri 9
Aguero 9
Negredo 8

Lescott 7
Garcia 6
Milner 7

Super result, great performance, and worth remembering we have now scored half their goals conceded !

cleavers said:
Just sat through the Sky replay, I think because we scored so quickly it changed their plan, but as many have said, an odd game, we could easily have scored 10, certainly should have had 8, but that's being greedy. We played some very good football with some very well worked goals. Such exciting football, that we looked like scoring nearly every time we got near their goal. After a couple of shaky moments after we took the lead, we defended well.

Pantillimon 7
Clichy 7
Demichellis 7
Nastasic 6
Zaba 8
Navas 8
Yaya 6
Fernandihno 9
Nasri 9
Aguero 9
Negredo 8

Lescott 7
Garcia 6
Milner not on long enough

Super result, great performance, and worth remembering we have now scored half their goals conceded !

Surely he deserves a 7 just for THAT pass.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
cleavers said:

Pantillimon 7
Clichy 7
Demichellis 7
Nastasic 6
Zaba 8
Navas 8
Yaya 6
Fernandihno 9
Nasri 9
Aguero 9
Negredo 8

Lescott 7
Garcia 6
Milner 7

Surely he deserves a 7 just for THAT pass.
OK you've convinced me, it was a bloody good pass

Bilboblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
chesterbells said:
Yaya disinterested Yaya lazy blah blah blah. These kind of comments don't half wind me up. Straight after a great performance and result, where Yaya, one of the greatest midfielders I've ever seen in over 30 years watching city, puts in yet another sublime goal creating performance and we get mean-spirited stuff like this.

*shakes head*
whilst I acknowledge he has weaknesses in his game, I find the 'lazy/disinterested" tag just a baseless fan cliche. Yaya wouldn't look pumped up if he was running away from a mass murderer on a killing spree. It's just his demeanour.

He was poor in the first half hour, but only because he kept giving it away.

I disagree hugely with both of those replies.

Yaya looked disinterested for 30 minutes, we kept losing possession, we didn't look good for that period, when he got his head on, he was excellent, played really well and was back nearly to his best.

I think he is a fantastic player, but as most of this forum knows, he has his 'anonymous' games. Not that he is alone in that.

Talking to friends who were in different stands and had the same viewpoint, confirmed to me what I already thought.

And how is it mean spirited you idiot? I was merely pointing out ONE of the reasons we were not playing well for the first 30 minutes!

I won't resort to calling you an idiot cos I don't know you, so ive no idea whether you are or not.
But what I will say is that it just struck me as a bit of an unfair, ungenerous comment about an absolute world class player of ours, who has scored so many great goals for us, after a 6-0 win. Why don't you text him your comment - maybe he'd see it as a compliment. Tbf, maybe you've also made loads of more positive comments about our players since yesterday but I haven't the time or inclination to trawl through your post history. It's really that I've seen those kind of comments made on here about him too often, from his own fans who just dont seem to appreciate what a quality player he is. Sergio misses plenty of chances, Silva misplaces passes, as does Messi. Toure may have quiet spells, and I accept he may to some fans look disinterested, but to my eyes I've never seen him look disinterested/not wanting to be there/lazy whatever similar phrase people care to use. Don't buy it.

jimharri said:
Manchester1894 said:
Get's good from here on in... haha (PS the clock is 1 hour out)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5323-OMT-Tottenham-Hotspur-Vs-Man-City/page16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... ity/page16</a>
Some cracking comments on there; reminds me of the matchday thread on here when we're having one of our occasional fuckups!

They came off as pretty delusional until we went up 3-0. Then I think reality set in a bit. Yes they dominated possession in the first but never created anything near a scoring opportunity. We on the other hand looked like we were going to score every time we took the ball into their half. Sometimes possession is overrated. When we went up early and decided to play on the counter, then obviously they are going to get more possession. Not because they were playing great.

chesterbells said:
Bilboblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
whilst I acknowledge he has weaknesses in his game, I find the 'lazy/disinterested" tag just a baseless fan cliche. Yaya wouldn't look pumped up if he was running away from a mass murderer on a killing spree. It's just his demeanour.

He was poor in the first half hour, but only because he kept giving it away.

I disagree hugely with both of those replies.

Yaya looked disinterested for 30 minutes, we kept losing possession, we didn't look good for that period, when he got his head on, he was excellent, played really well and was back nearly to his best.

I think he is a fantastic player, but as most of this forum knows, he has his 'anonymous' games. Not that he is alone in that.

Talking to friends who were in different stands and had the same viewpoint, confirmed to me what I already thought.

And how is it mean spirited you idiot? I was merely pointing out ONE of the reasons we were not playing well for the first 30 minutes!

I won't resort to calling you an idiot cos I don't know you, so ive no idea whether you are or not.
But what I will say is that it just struck mean as a bit of an unfair, ungenerous comment about an absolute world class player of ours, who has scored so many great goals for us, after a 6-0 win. Why don't you text him your comment - maybe he'd see it as a compliment. Tbf, maybe you've also made loads of more positive comments about our players since yesterday but I haven't the time or inclination to trawl through your post history. It's really that I've seen those kind of comments made on here about him too often, from his own fans who just dont seem to appreciate what a quality player he is. Sergio misses plenty of chances, Silva misplaces passes, as does Messi. Toure may have quiet spells, and I accept he may to some fans look disinterested, but to my eyes I've never seen him look disinterested/not wanting to be there/lazy whatever similar phrase people care to use. Don't buy it.

I'm not going to gloss over the fact that Yaya was poor for the first 30 minutes yesterday. That has nothing to do with him being world class, which he obviously is, as the interchange with Fernandinho and subsequent run and pass to Aguero proved.

It's also patently clear that when he got going yesterday, City stepped up a gear, got hold of the midfield and looked so much better.

There's not many of our fans that rate Yaya more highly than me, trust me, so when people try to make out I was saying something that I clearly wasn't, then I will react. You are right, there was no need for me to call you an idiot, but there was no need for you to read something into a comment and coming up with a totally wrong meaning of it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/spurs-to-build-on-first-13-seconds-2013112581415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 3112581415</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.