CITY v Stoke: F.A Cup Final - Official Match Thread

Freestyler

I've made this one early, just to make sure i made the thread due to alot of requests! ;)

F.A Cup final, realistically our biggest game since Wembley99?

Obviously were favourites, but anything can happen. Stoke are a well organised football team, their football isn't the prettiest but they have 10 outfield players who will graft and put in a shift. not an easy game at all.

Team selection, well Richards more than likely will be fit, then you have the arrival of Tevez does he/does he not deserve to come straight back into a winning semi-final team? i've seen difference of opinions on this one. balotelli is inconsistent, i'd like to play both Dzeko and Tevez but we all know we won't play 2 strikers.

we have the LB debate again, pab zab or kolarov? once again there's difference of opinions on this, and even though he played in the semi should Barry start or be replaced by Milner?

decision decisions, a headache for roberto and a good headache to have with such an array of talent to choose from.

IMO this is my team i would play:

---------------------------Hart

Richards-------Kompany(c)-------Lescott-------Pab Zab

--------------------De Jong---Milner

---Johnson---------------Y.Toure------------Silva

--------------------------Tevez

Plenty of playing time between now and then for some of our team to collect injuries. We should ideally be keeping the likes of Joe Hart and David Silva in cotton wool until the big game, but I guess we have other priorities. At least Tevez may be fresh and hopefully motivated to end his City career on a high.

Richards-------Kompany(c)-------Lescott-------Zab

--------------------De Jong---Milner

---Johnson---------------Y.Toure------------Silva

--------------------------Mario

I think this is will be the starting line up.

good thing is that we have several options from the bench, Dzeko, Tevez, Kola, Vieira, Barry!

1072fsk.png

Dzeko has big-game experience, so I'd give him advantage in Cup final over Balo (and I believe Mancini will too).

However, after 95 minutes of battle last night, I wonder if he will be ready to go again on saturday?? I think 60-70 mins would be top.

Ideal line-up in my mind:

Richards-------Kompany(c)-------Lescott-------Zab

--------------------De Jong---Y. Toure

---Milner---------------Tevez------------Silva

--------------------------Dzeko

AJ gets moved to the bench. Check the bolded part - that's what I'd love to see :-)

Gareth Barry MUST start, look how much he was missed last night as Spurs dominated midfield for long periods, BARRY is our talisman.

Richards is a must after last night, I also think Milner earned his place. Up front is a tough one, is Carlos ready for 90 mins graft against a team of bullies? Is Balo's temperament right against a team of bullies? I think i'd start with Dzeko and have the option of the other 2 if required.

Regardless it is going to be another defining day in our great clubs history, and where will I be? At 30000' somewhere over Eastern Europe heading for a UK arrival at 1700, good planning by my company or what!

Never mind my 2 CITY mad sons are there which is more importtant for me.

It's gonna be a looooong week.!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.